Chapter 39

~strongly recommend listening to love in the dark by adele whilst reading this~

"I got you baby" he whispered, softly stroking my hair.

"No" I tried to push him away, but my body didn't seem to be listening to what my head was screaming at me not to do. I desperately clung to him. The smell of his musky warm scent comforting me. I was still far too drunk at this point. Sober me would protest, sober me would of sent him packing. But drunk words are sober thoughts, and in this moment I needed him. I needed everything to of disappeared and it just be us.

After what felt like 10 minutes of sitting on the floor crying, I finally mustered up the courage to look him in the eye. His face softened at what I presumed was my tear stained face. Those beautiful cerulean glossed over orbs gazed into mine. "I love you" he whispered.

"I know" I nodded, my eyes brimming over with tears, "but that's not enough right now. I need you to be physically and emotionally present with me. I love you Chris, so, so much. But I need more from you right now."

"I know you do. I will get better for you baby. I'm here now" he pleaded. I shook my head softly. "Please Olivia" he begged.

"I've got to work on myself and how I want to treat me before I'm ready to be loved by you again. And you need to sort out what you want from me. Stay tonight, but tomorrow we will talk more" I whispered lightly. He nodded knowingly, a forlorn look upon his face. Helping me up off the floor he lead me to the bathroom. Gently picking me up and sitting me on the bathroom counter. He took a cotton pad and applied makeup remover to the pad, wiping it over my face to remove my make up, like he had seen me do so many times. Constantly peppering kisses across my face as if it were apart of this ritual. Chris began to rub moisturizer into my skin, resting his hands on either side of my face once he was done. Pushing our foreheads together, he pressed a soft kiss to my lips. I placed my hands around his wrists, brushing my thumb over the tiny little scar he got from wrestling a bramble bush trying to get my football when we were younger. "Chris.." I looked pleadingly.

"I just need you" He replied quietly. I pressed our lips back together again, wrapping my hands around the back of his neck. Moving his hands from my cheeks, he rested them on my hips, slipping between my legs, to get closer to me.

Each item of clothing was removed so delicately. Each kiss filled with love and passion. Our glances to each other full of adoration. This was goodbye for now. We have left our mark on each other. But we needed to grow. Needed to grow into ourselves and we would be each others once again when we were ready. This love was once in a lifetime. We had loved each other since when we were young. And now we will love each other till we are old. Till our dying breath.