Chapter 24

I was cried out. Physically no water was coming out of my eyes. Nada. I felt completely and utterly numb. Chris of course suspected nothing. I mean he was busy anyway, off filming and meeting up with gorgeous ex's and supermodels so he didn't actually notice that I wasn't replying to his texts and calls as much. The fact that I was physically unable to cry anymore meant that the anger was starting to kick in. I wouldn't go as far as saying I was holding a grudge. Maybe slightly. But like I said, Chris suspected nothing. I didn't want to hold a grudge. I didn't want to be angry at him, but I just couldn't help it. I wasn't actually sure whether I trusted him anymore, maybe I trusted him and I just didn't trust other people not to take advantage of his kindness. But clearly I wasn't dwelling on it.

Luckily Seb was back in town for a week before shooting off for some next top secret project which I'm sure he will tell me as soon as he has a few drinks down him. I received an invite from him to this fancy rooftop party that one of his friends was having. Very exclusive, very much needed. Jess and Seb's relationship was rather unclear. I had walked in on them kissing on the sofa after out trip to Sudbury but they both changed the subject as soon as I would bring it up. Either way, Jess was also attending the party. The three of us almost came as a package deal.

It was 7:30pm and I was staring into my wardrobe as if it was going to throw me something to wear. Seb was getting a cab to my apartment with Jess in 10 minutes so we hoped to get there at 8pm. But I was running slightly behind. I had actually showered which was better than nothing, seeing as I hadn't showered the past few days. I knew that a good night out was what I needed but I couldn't help but just wanting to crawl right back into bed. As I was not allowed to do that as Jess would most likely drag me out, I ended up changing into my trusty emerald green silk cowl neck dress, pairing it with strappy black and gold heels. I pulled my hair into a low bun, pulling a few strand out to frame my face and opted for minimal face makeup and smoky eyeliner. It wasn't long till my phone began buzzing, letting me know that Jess and Seb were outside in the cab. Spritzing a bit of perfume and locking the door, I was off.

"You look hot!" Jess cat called from the cab window, I opened the door and she slipped into the middle seat so I could sit down.

"As do you" I replied, "Sebby your looking smokin'" I whistled, adding a thick American accent.

"Thank you baby" He replied, "How you feeling?" he questioned, I could see the lines appearing on his forehead showing concern.

"I'm magnificent darling!" I grinned widely, showing off my teeth.

The cab ride felt a lot longer than it was. Mainly because I was pretending I was fine in front of two people who knew damn well I wasn't, it was a difficult gig to hold up. However once we had finally arrived, Seb was so occupied making rounds of the party it meant that he was off my back, it did mean that Jess was still persistent though. If anything that's worse. We were introduced to a few of Seb's friends, and the trays of champagne just happened to keep making rounds. As soon as I'd finish one glass another would just appear in my hand like magic.

An hour into the party and I was very into it. The music, the dancing, the people. That was until someone decided to make a surprise appearance. I felt two muscular arms wrap around my waist as I swayed to the music. I instantly turned around and saw Chris. He was not supposed to be here. He was supposed to be in LA.

"Surprise baby" he muttered in my ear, his hands still firmly holding onto my waist. Bending down, he pressed his lips to mine in an attempt to kiss me. Before it could turn into a proper kiss, I pecked him and pulled away, making an excuse to go to the bathroom. I disappeared off before he could reply, grabbing another glass of champagne on my way. I could still smell his oud, musky aftershave on me, latching onto my skin. Once I was safe in the bathroom, I walked over to the sink, carefully splashing cold water onto my face, avoiding messing my makeup up. Taking a couple of deep breaths and a long swig of champagne, finishing the flute, it was time to go back out and deal with it.

My eyes scanned the rooftop for Chris, I soon found him talking to a couple of Seb's friends. I approached Jess, who was stood in the corner with a couple of people.

"Did you know he was going to be here?" I whispered. She excused herself from the others and guided me to somewhere more private.

"Who?" she replied, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Chris, he is here" I answered, I watched her mouth drop open in shock.

"I did not know he was coming, where is he?" she glanced around behind me and noticed him, "Oh, don't turn around but he is coming over" she muttered. Of course I did exactly what she told me not to do and shot round, making eye contact with Chris. He smiled as he walked over.

"Hi baby, I missed you" he bent down and kissed me again.

"Hi" I mumbled back. His brows furrowed slightly before he dismissed my coldness and began talking with Jess as if nothing happened.

He kept his hand firmly on the bottom of my back the rest of the night. I felt like he could sense that something was up as everywhere I went, he followed. Every now and then I would make eye contact with Seb or Jess and they would offer a look of pity but didn't say anything.
Later on, Chris excused himself to the restroom, finally leaving me on my own. The music started to pick up and all that champagne I drank started to kick in. I found myself beginning to sway along to the music, eventually I joined the crowd of sweaty dancers. As I swayed my hips, I felt someones hands wrap around my waist and begin to push up behind me. Not taking any care of whose hands were on me, I danced. The song changed to a slower more seductive music and the tension picked up. I turned around to face the guy pushing up against me. He had a caramel complexion and short dark brown hair. His eyes were a deep brown, a mischievous glint behind them. We swayed together, hands all over each other. I knew it was wrong but it felt good to be wanted again. Over the mans shoulder I caught a glimpse of Chris leaning against the bar. He glared at me angrily, one of his fists clenched and the other firmly gripping the pint of beer. The dark anger that was evident in his eyes stirred something in me and I began to press harder against the man, making sure I kept eye contact. I wanted to get a rise out of him. His knuckles began to turn white and his brows furrowed with anger. Finally he stormed over, gripping the mans shoulder and pulling him off me. Feeling satisfied with the reaction I started to walk off before I felt him grab my arm and pull me along.
Once we were in a more private area he pushed me against the wall, his hands firmly either side of me, leaning on the wall.
"What the fuck are you doing?" he growled, I shrugged innocently and he ran his tongue along his teeth in rage. "I don't want you pressing against anyone, ever! Your mine, okay?" he said through gritted teeth.
"Yes sir!" I replied sarcastically, doing a fake salut.
"We are leaving, I'm gonna make you remember that your mine." he bent down and whispered in my ear before taking my hand harshly and leading me out of the party.