Chapter 14

Over the next few weeks, I remained busy with the speakeasy. I was performing with Ryan most days of the week and also helping out serving while we interviewed for more waitresses and waiters. Aaron and I had been on a few more dates, we actually got on really well and never struggled to fill silences. We hadn't slept together yet but there wasn't any pressure to. I had spoken to Chris briefly a couple of times over text and facetimed Seb quite a bit while they were on set. Seb was forced to wear a wig for this movie and had got into habit of facetiming me whilst he was having his hair and makeup done which always made me and Jess giggle.

Although the weather was still warm, the overwhelming sense that summer was coming to an end still lurked over the city. The days were becoming shorter and the cool breeze was starting to pick up. Not that I minded, I always have loved autumn in New York. Falling leaves creating a copper sheet across Central Park. Autumn clothes, by far my favourite, coming back into fashion. But it did mean that business is due to slow down. My photographs had done well though, The Rose Den had earned a fair amount from them. Photo's of our speakeasy had also appeared in The New York Times, which we had framed behind the bar now.

~

INCOMING CALL

AARON DANIELS

"Hey, what you doing tonight?" he questioned as soon as I picked up.

"Nothing, what do you have in mind?"

"Come over, I'm gonna cook for you"

"Okay I'll be over in 30" I replied before hanging up the phone. I quickly hopped in the shower after the conversation ended. Putting a pair of black jeans and a dark green ribbed bodysuit on, I tied my curly mop of hair up into a bun then applying a light layer of makeup on before slipping on a pair of vans then leaving.

I arrived at Aarons apartment, this wasn't the first time I'd been here. He had an largish apartment not too far away from me. It was decorated with a variety of different guitars hanging on his walls and lots of band posters which gave the apartment a bit of a grunge feel. He buzzed me up and greeted me with a kiss and a glass of wine. I could smell the food aroma through the apartment and it smelt unreal, making my stomach growl slightly as I didn't realise how hungry I was. I sat on his sofa, sipping on my wine as I watched him cook. It was a very attractive sight.

"I think I might go back to my hometown soon, visit my Dad". I hinted, hoping he would want to come with me.

"Oh that's cool" he replied, I sighed at his response, "When are you thinking of going?" he questioned, looking away from the pot in front of him and glancing at me.

"Maybe middle of September, around the 22nd", he hummed in response. We stayed silent, listening to the music playing in the background.

"Alright come taste this" he called out, I moved from my seat and walked toward him. He placed a hand under my chin and guided the tip of the wooden spoon to my mouth. I tasted the red sauce and instantly groaned in amazement.

"Mmm, this is unreal" I gasped. He leant down and lightly pecked my cheek before stirring the pot of sauce again.

Finally it was ready and he served it up along with another glass of wine for me. We sat at his kitchen table eating. "You want me to come to visit you for a couple of days when you go to Boston?" he questioned, looking at me in the eye.

"Yeah, I would like that" I smiled at him, "We can sort it out closer to the time". We ate the rest of our dinner and had Ben&Jerrys ice cream, Phish Food my absolute favourite. We found our way onto the sofa, my head laying on his chest while he put a movie on. Unfortunately it was Captain America - The Winter Soldier. Fuck, guilt twisted in my gut as I saw Chris flashing across the screen. This was the first time I was kind of forced to face it. Even though Chris wasn't actually here, it felt like he was watching me through the TV. It felt extremely awkward, but of course Aaron was completely oblivious as he didn't know, making it worse. He began making a running commentary about how in shape Chris was in it. Believe me I know, I've seen all of it...all of him. Finally the movie ended and I sensed the wine was beginning to make Aaron a bit frisky as he began to rub his hand up and down my thigh, placing soft kisses down my neck. His lips found mine and they began syncing together. My hand wounded up in his hair. His hands began to unbutton my jeans, pulling them down, leaving me in just my bodysuit. He pulled his top off in one quick motion, breaking the kiss momentarily. Once we were both stripped of our clothes our kisses began getting sloppy. He carefully slipped on a condom and guided himself into me, moaning as he did so. His thrusts began to quicken, creating the heat begin to build in my stomach.

"I'm close, fuck" he moaned in my ear. As his thrusts continued to drill into me, I could tell that he was concentrating on finishing himself. With one final moan he came, leaving me still unfinished. Maybe he hadn't done it in a while and forgot. "You cum?" he questioned hopefully, I felt bad saying no so I quickly nodded and hummed a 'mhm' in response. I quickly excused myself to the bathroom to clean up, I helped myself to one of the t-shirts in his room before walking back out into the living room.

"You look so cute in my clothes" he smiled "I'm ready to go to sleep, you coming?", I nodded as he got up and took my hand. We took turns brushing our teeth before getting into his bed. He slipped his arm around my waist before falling asleep. I, on the other hand was wide awake. Unable to stop thinking about Chris.

~

The next morning Aaron cooked me breakfast before I needed to leave. I still had lots of things to arrange if I wanted to go to Boston in September. I had to arrange with Ryan the performance schedule, I had to arrange time off with Jess, or if Jess wanted to come with me we had to arrange time off together. Overall it was about to be stressful as fuck.

"Hello my love" I called out to Jess as I walked down the stairs into The Rose Room.

"Whats up hun?" She smiled as she polished glasses, although we had hired people to do the cleaning Jess still enjoyed doing it, no clue why. I walked over to where she was stood behind the bar and began putting the already polished glasses away.

"I slept with Aaron last night" I sighed.

"Uh oh, why the sigh? Was it bad?" She put the glass down and looked at me.

"I had to pretend that I came"

"Oh you poor thing!" she cried out dramatically, pulling me into a hug.

"That's not the only thing..." I said hesitantly.

"Uh oh" she kept my in the embrace.

"I slept with Chris a few weeks ago before he left" I whispered, secretly hoping that she wouldn't hear.

"YOU WHAT!" she shouted, almost deafening me in the process. Letting go of me, she slapped her hand over her very much shocked open mouth, "And?"

"I can't stop thinking about it" I shook my head shamefully.

"That good huh?" she raised her eyebrows as I nodded. "Well since we are confessing everything... I had a drunken one night stand with Sebastian"

"Err pardon? I don't think I heard that right, you said you had sex with Seb?" I asked in shock, she nodded her head shamefully, just as I did a moment ago. "We are both fucked aren't we?" which she also nodded at. "Well I say we roadtrip to Boston, we go just after they stop filming, so you can avoid Sebastian, and so can I, I cannot look at him the same now."

"Yes we both need some Papa Rose time. Won't Chris be there though?" she questioned.

"No he would go back to LA I'm pretty sure" I replied semi-convinced.