Chapter 5: Dress Party

He was staring at my lips, and I was staring into his blue eyes. He came closer touching my dark brown hair and began to close his eyes. Shocked, I felt his warm hands over my skin. But the moment his lips were an inch away from mine, I panicked, quickly reached for his shoulder and twisted it.

He reacted, opening his eyes yelling out pain.

I let go of his shoulder and he stared at me. “What was that for?” He said, trying to adjust his shoulder muscles but it wasn’t working.

I blinked, “Trying to protect myself.” I glared at him, “Anyway what were you thinking?”

Trying to smile as well as controlling the pain in his shoulder, he answered, “I–” But the words never came out.

I shook my head, “You really want to play around me too?” I glanced at him, “Even for your bodyguard.”

He smiled, “You knew it didn’t you?”

“Of course!”

“Knew that I like you?”

My eyes widened, “Wait. What?!”

He smiled, “You didn’t hear it, probably?” He said, “I’ll spell it out to you.” He smiled again, “I – like – you!”

I burst to laughter, “You?” I pointed, “Like me?” I laughed again, “Everyone hates me, in this world; even my mother.”

He looked at my confused, “Your mother?”

 “Yeah. In a way, she should hate me.”

“How come?” He asked again.

“She passed–” I stopped, “Wait, why do I have to tell you?”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged his shoulders and then burst into laughter, “I really I got you, didn’t I?” He said, “Especially when you didn’t say anything when I touched your hair.”

My eyes stared at him.

“I was just playing around with you.” He said, still chuckling.

I smiled, “Good.” I twisted his shoulder again.

He yelled out pain again. “What was that for?”

I smiled, “Just playing around with you.”

He shook his head, “Can you, now, fix my shoulder back to normal?” He quietens, “Please?”

I smiled, “You didn’t learn your lesson from yesterday didn’t you?”

He grinned, “Nope!”

I sighed, “I guess, it’s a longer process than I thought.”

He looked at me confused, “What do you mean?”

I grinned, “I was saying, you’re really a player!” Changing the subject.

He lifted his bandage hand and glanced at his shoulders, “I was born to do this!”

I raised an eyebrow, “What?” I paused, “Born to change your name three times, Dean?”

“No.” He said, “I was born to know you.”

I grinned, “Know me? We only met yesterday. That’s only one day, player.”

He smiled, “You know me too well.” He said, “But I need to know you.”

I came closer to him and knock his head, “Hello?” I asked in his ear, “Is there anyone home?”

He sighed, “Just fix my shoulder, will you?” He pointed, “It’s really starting to hurt.”