Chapter 19

The boss come in after the man and closed the door behind him.

        "That was the worst plan I had ever heard before." The boss shook his head as he walked towards them and sat on the sofa next to George. Turning to the gangster who barged in just now, "Go get us some drinks, some beer I would prefer," And the man walked to the kitchen to retrieve two bottles of beer for them.

        "Boss..." George tried to calm himself down.
        "Hey pretty," The boss greeted Gwen with a crooked smile on his face. "Who are them?" He looked at Rabbit and Squirrel for a moment and continued, with his head nodding along his words, "I remembered you, we've met in the restaurant,"
        "Boss, I...I can explain--" George said.
        The boss dismissed George with a wave of his hand, "Call me Danny,"

        Gwen stood up and walked towards the boss and slapped him hard on the cheek out of the blue.
        "DAMN YOU!" The boss cursed and stood up while Gwen gathered her fingers into a fist and punched him on the nose screaming, "I hate you!"

        George immediately stood between them and grabbed Gwen's hand while dragging her away from the boss and made her sit back on the sofa and consoled her. The boss glared at her while pulling out some tissue papers from the box in front of them to wipe the blood dripping from his nose. His sidekick then came out from the kitchen with a cloth containing some ice and handed them to the boss for his cheek, after George manage to calm Gwen from giving the boss another kick in the gut.

        The boss cleared his throat and calm himself down, "So about that secret." He shifted the packed of ice on his cheek, "Actually I'm a spy. I'm from the police department of Paris"
"What?" Squirrel, Rabbit and Gwen said in disbelief. George eyed the boss's sidekick in alarm but the boss reassured him that he's trustworthy. "That's why I brought him along," He said as the man gave them a wink.
        "Do I still have to be that someone now?" Squirrel ask with a light of hope in her voice, "Although now we know you're a spy from the police department but thinking about you hurting my friends back at your secret hideout, I'm still mad at you, just so you know,"
        "The...'girlfriend', yes." Danny paused for a second, "that two are your friends? Even the noisy one? I didn't know, Prascale wanted...fine, I'll release them when the right time comes." 
        Squirrel sighs again."Why do I still have to be your girlfriend, and promise you will release them, okay? No more games," and they all nodded in agreement.
        "Didn't you said out the plan is the worst?" Rabbit blurted out.
        "It is the worst, but I can't think of any other better ones, so we just have to go with this," Danny shrugged, "Rabbit, stick to plan, you're George's girlfriend"
        "What? Why?"
        "Because fate brought you guys together, plus Prascale saw you two the other night at the restaurant," The boss continued, "I thought you were his girlfriend too."
        "Ugh, fine." Rabbit rolled her eyes.

        Gwen stood up from her seat and excused herself from them to hit the sack in one of the guestroom in George's house.
        "Rabbit and Squirrel, you don't have to hate the roles you have in this plan, you must know, I'm Prascale's 'boyfriend' for almost 7 years now." with that, Rabbit and Squirrel stared at him in astonishment.
        "Okay, back to the plan, Squirrel, you have to make Prascale jealous first. Then I'll break up with her. That'll be like killing two birds with one stone."
        "Okay. But how?" Squirrel said.
        "You will know when you get there."
        "Then how about me?" Rabbit asked.
        "You....make Prascale jealous too."
        "And how exactly do I do that by being his girlfriend?"
        "She will get jealous of any sweet couple she sees."
        "So I just have to act like I really love him?" Rabbit pointed at George, "But--"
        "Just play along, I'll make sure we look real," George shrugged and laughed while Rabbit rolled her eyes.

        After going on with some more of the details Rabbit realized that in order for this plan to work out, Squirrel would have to be 'the other woman' between Danny and Prascale and the fact that they were the ones Prascale wanted to capture all along doesn't make sense. Surely Danny wouldn't be dating Squirrel if Prascale had wanted him to capture her right? The more she think about it, the more she couldn't make sense of it, so she blurted out this confusion of hers.
        "That wouldn't be a problem, I usually don't really care about the people she said she wanted me to capture, I would be too busy just to capture her list of people she hate if I really did. To be honest, I don't even know it's you she wanted, so yea, it's totally fine for us to be having an 'affair' for weeks now" Danny made an air quote with is fingers. "Oh yea, we should give you a fake name, so I wouldn't know that you're the Squirrel she wanted, "

        After going through the plan for the final time and all confusion cleared out of the way, they decided to start the plan first thing tomorrow morning. They all agreed that Squirrel should go by the name Chloe. Squirrel and Danny exchanged numbers and he set her number as "Babe" just to make it more convincing in case Prascale saw the call somehow.

        Danny volunteered to send Squirrel and Rabbit back to the hotel that night. "Remember, never reveal my identity," He said to them when they were going to close the car door. After ensuring that both of them got in the hotel safely, he took the longer route back to his bungalow, giving him some alone time to do some thinking.

        "Boss is back!" His sidekick announced when they opened the grand looking door to let themselves in. Upon hearing the call, Prascale poked her head out from the corner of a wall and was elated to see Danny standing by the door. Seeing her, Danny brush his face with his hands to cover up his annoyed look.

        "Dear, you're back at last, I miss you so much!" Prascale came running to him like a little girl seeing her father coming back from work and locked her arms around his neck while planting a kiss his cheek. "What happened to you?!" She broke apart from him and asked in alarm when she saw the bruises on him. Facing to the man who was alongside him all the time, "What were you doing? You were suppose to protect him, you idiot!" 

        "I just went out a while." Boss dismissed the man, telling him it's alright and to go back to his room.
        "What happened?" Prascale looked at him anxiously.
        "I said nothing. I'm a gangster, we get into fights all the time," Danny started to walked to his room without taking another look at her.
        "I'm worried about you. I heard you were going to George's house, did he do this to you?!"
        "Of course no!" He stopped walking and turned to face Prascale, "Look, I'm fine, go get some sleep, babe," he planted a kiss on her forehead and took a towel from the cupboard in their room to have a bath, but she didn't let go of him.

        "Did you get a good look of George's girlfriend? I swear it's Rabbit! Be careful when you're together, she might have brainwashed his mind and betray you!" Prascale said with vexed.
        "He's been a loyal man to us for years by now, why are yo suddenly doubting him?"
        "You don't know her, she could brainwash anyone she wants and turn them into a token for her game"
        "I thought you kept telling me she's stupid"
        "She is, but she's really persuasive too. Anyway, I seen guys treating her like she's a superstar or something, better than me" Prascale said with increasing anger, "George isn't as smart as you, he'll get brainwashed by her if he's not be careful"
        Danny laughed out loud at her nonsense, "Okay, okay, remember, I'm, the boss here, he'll have to listen to me"
        "Oh, that's good, because I still want to see them suffer! Especially Rabbit and Squirrel! I don't care!" she said with hatred, "Make sure you still have your power in your hands"
        "Relax, Prascale. We'll capture them for you in no time" Danny started to push  her away from him so he could go take his bath.
        "Aww, dear, I love you so much!" Prascale hug Danny again and kissed him on the lips.

        "Yuck!" Danny thought in his mind after closing the door to the bathroom.