Chapter 25

Tim and Mark was walking towards Snake's room when they found George, "George! That's why you didn't went for the 'meeting'?"
        "I thought boss said you're at home with your long-time-no-see sister...?"
        Snake looked at George with fury and shouted, "I knew this was all a lie!!!"
        "Wait--" George was trying to explain to Snake, meanwhile, trying to making a lie to the men.
      "I shouldn't have listen to you!! You guys must have done something to Joey!" Anger filled in Snake's mind and he took the chance to run away as fast as possible while the three of them were dumbfounded by their encounter.

        "How do you want to explain this?" Tim blocked George from chasing after Snake.
        "To think our formal boss trusted Danny so much," Mark said.
        "What do you mean?" George was starting to suspect about them being the one whom planted the listening device.
        "Oh, you really don't know anything? George?" Mark raised his eyebrows.
        "Know about what?" George said innocently.
        "Don't take us as fools, please. Danny and your plan with Rabbit and Squirrel?" Tim said.
        "And what about Snake, the one you let go." Mark chimed in.
        "Straight to the point, guys, " George gave up acting all innocent and crossed his arms in front of his chest.
        "You and Danny are TRAITORS!!!" Tim pointed at George.
        "What makes you think that way?" George said calmly.
        "This." Mark showed George the eavesdropping device in his hand. "Do you really think no one knew about your genius plan?"
        "And you think that no one know about your new girlfriend?" 
        "So that explains the eavesdropping device. Finally, learned something clever from me? Idiots!" George smirked and quickly turned around and ran.

        Mark and Tim saw him and followed. Looking at the gap between himself and them, George needed to lose them quick if he wants to stay alive. An idea flashed through his mind, he remembered the time when they were trying to catch Rabbit and decided to try that method. There was a carnival nearby with excited people, so George ran towards it and mixed himself with the people in the crowd. He was walking towards the taxi stand while glancing back to the crowd smiled when he saw Tim and Mark searching hopeless from outside the crowd. It worked. He thought, Rabbit is a genius!

         Snake finally ran out from that hideous place where all this nightmare started "Hope Joey's fine..." Snake sighed. Snake slowed down to catch his breath and think about his next move. He know that if he goes back there right now to find Joey, he will not have another chance to get out again, so he went into a hotel not too far away from the gangster's place and sat in the lobby while hoping George was right about Rabbit and Squirrel saving Joey. He chose that hotel because he had to make sure that he's not too far away from them so he could observe any changes and not too near from them in case they found him.

        "That stupid...Ge..." Snake thought for a while but couldn't remember his name. "That stupid man, I knew he was lying to me. Like, who would be so good and stupid? Capture me and beat me up and then letting me go? Isn't that stupid?"

        Snake was sitting there with his ragged clothes and feeling moody for the whole day because he was worry about Joey's safety.

        "Rabbit! Squirrel!" Joey hugged them tightly as they finally reached their hotel room.
        "What? ," Rabbit and Squirrel frowned at her while looking around their hallway to make sure the gangster was not in sight.
        "Love you both so much!"
        "Eww...."
        "I thought you love Snake more," Rabbit said.
        "Gonna inform boss and George we brought Joey out?" Squirrel dug in her pocket for her phone.
        "Okay, let me call boss first." Rabbit took the phone from Squirrel. Looking at the screen, she paused her fingers pressing the 'dial' button as she saw the name set as contact is 'boyfriend'. She thought in her that they're actually just acting, but they might be something more, she thought and she smiled as she finally dialed Danny's number.
        "Hello?" Danny's voice appeared from the other end of the phone.
        "Hey dude, we've done it."
        Danny was silent for a second, "Good job, put the goods in the box where I told you." Danny then stopped the conversation.
        "What is he talking about?" Joey asked.
        "What happened?"
        "He just changed the subject," Rabbit tried to search for George's number by scrolling the contact.
        "To what?" Joey asked again.
        "Put the goods in the box I told you."
        "What?" Squirrel said.
        "Don't give me that look, I don't know." Rabbit was scrolling through the contact list for the second time, "Maybe Prascale's subordinates are with him, so he have to changed the subject." finally, she found George's number in the log but instead of George set as the contact name, she  'Rabbit's dear' was on it.
        "You have a point there."Joey said, nodding.
        "What's with all the weird names," Rabbit asked as she waited for George to pick up but Squirrel just grinned broadly and shrugged.

        "Hello?"
        "Hello, are you okay?" Rabbit said.
        "Define 'okay' "
        "Okay as in you and Snake are okay?"
        There was a long pause and Rabbit almost thought she lost contact with him when he said, "I'm sorry,"
   "What? Why?" Rabbit was shocked as she imagined George getting in trouble.
        "Snake ran off by himself without me," George said in guilt.
        Rabbit heaved a sigh of relief, and asked, "So you're okay?"
        "Yeah, I'm fine, but I have no idea where is Snake now, I'm sorry"
        "It's okay, what's important is you both are safe...for now" Rabbit said, "Anyway, why did he ran away? It's not like he know this place well enough to run around like it's his house." 
        "Snake don't trust me, he keep thinking I'm just toying with him and keeps shouting and accusing me for everything that ever happened to him and Joey. He's really fierce"
        "You are a bit responsible for those, Danny as well," Rabbit said, "Don't worry, we'll explain to him face to face with you when we found him,"
        "It's okay, I don't want to be face to face with him anymore,"
        "Why?"
        "He's scary, and he's kinda...I think he hates me," he said.
        "That's because he didn't know you're with us,"
        "Hope so. But I don't think that will be easy"
        "Why?"
       "Tim and Mark suddenly appeared and that made him hate me more. He thinks I am with them and I lied to him about letting him go," George said.
        "Tim? Mark? Who's that?"
        "Prascale's most loyal subordinate, a.k.a. my worst and favourite enemy" George pause for a while "Shoot, now they know for sure I'm betraying them!"
       "Your worst and favourite enemy?"
        "Yep. We were enemies ever since I first join the gang,"
       "Favourite enemy?"
       "They are idiots, I like making fun of them and watching them being idiots,"
       "You're horrible," Rabbit laughed a little, and continued, "let's hope they still trust Danny, he's our last connection to the inside of the gang. Anyway, do you have like, the slightest idea where Snake is?"
       "I don't know,"
    "What? What are you doing?" Joey overreacted when she saw Rabbit pursed her lips after listening to the George's answer and just assumed Snake was in trouble.
        "Who's there? Hey, calm down," George heard a loud and shrill voice. Joey couldn't hear him, so she snatched the phone from Rabbit before she could even response.
       "You lost my Snake!" Joey shouted.
       "You're Joey?"
       "I HATE YOU!" Joey ended the call and threw the phone in the air but fortunately Rabbit reacted fast enough this time and caught the phone in mid air and handed it back to Squirrel with shaky hands. Squirrel recovered from her shock and held the phone in both hands she started to yell at Joey while Rabbit took deep breaths and check on her own phone without wanting to.

        "What???" George exclaimed with a frown.

= = = = = The other side of the phone = = = = =

        "Calm down," Rabbit stood between Squirrel and Joey with her hands gesturing for their attention.
        Squirrel stopped yelling at Joey and look down at her phone when she realized saliva on the screen and her hands came in contact with part of it and made a disgusted expression while reaching for a piece of tissue paper from the nearby table.
        "I hate him," Joey sat on the carpeted floor and shook her head when Rabbit offered her a chair from the dressing table.
        "You can't hate him for no reason," Rabbit went over to Joey and tried to pull her up,
        "I hate him," 
        "He didn't do it on purpose," Squirrel said while checking her phone in the sunlight coming in the windows.
        "Hey, he did freed Snake from there," Rabbit said, still trying to pull her up, but her butt seem to have been glued to the carpet somehow because no matter how hard she pulled, she couldn't lift her off the floor.
        "What makes you both so sure about it?! I hate him" Joey crossed her arms in front her chest with her lips pouting in anger.
        "Because he's our friend," Rabbit gave up pulling her off the ground and threw herself on the bed while pulling a bolster close to herself.
        "I don't care, I hate him,"
        "Joey! Stop being so stubborn," Squirrel said,
        "I HATE him!"
        "JOEY!" Rabbit and Squirrel said in unison.
        "I hate you all!"
        "What?" Rabbit and Squirrel looked at each other and made a shook their head in frustration and proceed to make themselves comfortable while they have the chance.