Chapter 14

Rabbit and Squirrel spent the rest of the day planning on how to save their friends, however, they couldn't stand it anymore and their tiredness overcame them and they fell asleep. Rabbit woke up at three from a horrible nightmare. She dreamed about the man, George, was caught by the boss and the boss wanted to ill-treat him to force him to spill out everything he knew about us.
        "NOOOO!!! He must save Joey and Snake!"
        "What? Who have to save them?" Squirrel said in a half awaken state.
        "......"
        "Well?"
        'Sorry, nightmare."

        The next morning, they woke up to the chirping birds outside the balcony. Well, to be honest, non of them had any comfortable sleep last night. They knew staying in the room for the whole day isn't a good way to spend the time they have in their hands, so they decided to have a walk around the area. They didn't called George because they wanted to do this by themselves so the can have some alone time. After they're done with their morning routine, they had their sunglasses and cap on, wearing dark colour clothes, and went to a bakery nearby to have their breakfast. However, sense that they were being watched. They looked around and saw somebody familiar that they think was from the gang that caught them was following them on their way here and is now sitting two tables away from them holding a newspaper upside down while the other one is playing with his phone.
        "Stupid guy." Rabbit remarked.
        "I can't believe people actually hold a newspaper upside down while using it as a disguise" Squirrel agreed.

        They thought about ways to lose their stalker, so they decided to trick them by making the person nervous that they're leaving soon, "We'll be going back to our country tomorrow, why not buy something as a souvenir."
        "Sure. Let's take a look at that shop," They made a big mistake this time, they forgot that by pointing at the specific shop will make the gang to sped up to catch them for the lack of information.

        While they were walking towards the shop they just pointed a while ago, Rabbit's cellphone rang, she looked at the screen, "It's him." Squirrel looked at her and felt strange about George calling at a time like this, but she kept quiet and walked into a shop after signalling to Rabbit that she'll go in first while she answer the call.
        "Hello."
        "Someone is following you."
        "I know. Wait, how do you know? "
        "Never mind that, I'm in the red car beside you. Quick, hop on my car"
        "But my friend--"
        "She's fine. Hop in now, they're coming!"
        "Then--" Rabbit turned her head to find Squirrel in the shop but Squirrel went deeper into the shop until she lost sight of her. She decided to assume Squirrel will be safe and sound and walked fast towards the car and hopped in.
        "Sit tight!"
        "Oh gosh!" The car started to move in acceleration and the wind slapped on Rabbit's cheeks before she could get the window to shut off completely.
        "Sorry about that, opened that window to make sure you see me. Next--" then a truck passed by while honking the cars on the other lane.
        "What did you said just now?"
        "I said don't go out alone next time."
        "Huh?"
        "Don't go out alone next time."
        "But I didn't go out alone."
        "I say next time."
        "Oh, but what about my friend?"
        "Your friend saw a gang coming towards you, so she walked deeper into the shop to hide herself I assume."
        "But-"
        "Sorry, I was on the phone so she couldn't tell you directly."
        "Oh...so...where are we going now?"
        George looked into the rear-view mirror and made sure no one was following us, "Coast is clear,", he turned to look at me fiddling with the radio.
        I noticed his stare, "Sorry, just an old habit of mine,"
        "It's okay, I like this song," He said as a song started to play on the radio station I stopped. "How about a cake shop in the other end of this city? I know there's one that sells delicious cakes."
        "Okay," I said as I hum along with the song on the radio.