Chapter 8

"Don't call the police!" A text from an unknown number showed on the screen of Rabbit's phone.

        Rabbit was recalling back anything that was strange about Snake before the trip to Paris when the text came up on her phone, but she couldn't think of anything useful. She decided to call the number from the text in hope of contacting someone from the gang, but turns out it's from a payphone, so now her only hope is to wait for a call from the gang again or hopefully Squirrel.

        Squirrel woke up lying on an old torn sofa with a rope around her ankle connected to a nearby window preventing her from leaving the room. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the empty room with only a single light bulb lighting the room dimly. She looked down at her right ankle and noticed the rope around it. She tucked and pulled at it but she couldn't loosen it and no sharp object can be found in the room either. "At least I can still walk around freely and pick my nose when I feel like to." Squirrel sighed. The night scenery outside the only broken window was nice, and she was humming despite of her current circumstances. She tried to feel her phone in both of her pocket but it was gone, she couldn't find it anywhere in the room either. Later, she tried to open the room door but the rope prevented her from getting anywhere near the door. She tried to stretched as far as she can but her effort proved futile. After more trying to free herself but failed, she gave up. To fill her boredom, she looked around the room and observed the details in the room when the door was opened suddenly.

       "Hey you, Squirrel." A man opened the door.

       "What?" Squirrel was frightened because the man appeared suddenly.

       "Your friend Rabbit wants to talk to you,"

       "What's wrong with you? How am I going to contact her?"

       "Just use your cellphone, problem solved!"

       "Are you blind or what?"

       "What?"

        "You took my phone and how am I suppose to contact her?"

        "Oh...right," The man made a fake smile because of embarrassment  and gave her her phone back. Squirrel rolled her eyes and immediately called Rabbit. The man then went into the washroom in the room and tidied up his hair.

                Rabbit was staring at her phone for hours, hoping someone would call her and tell her some good news when finally it rang. "Oh yeah, oh yeah," She stood up and quickly picked it up,  "So, what do you want from me? I will do anything..."She stopped for a second as she knew the word anything might be dangerous, then only she corrected, "anything legal for my friend. And-"

        "Hey, didn't you set my phone number in your contact? " It's Squirrel's voice.

       "Squirrel?" Rabbit stopped pacing around the room when she heard Squirrel's voice.

       "My first sentence would be 'I miss you' if you didn't mistaken me as one of the men."        

       "Sorry, I'm too nervous so-"

       "Luckily they didn't hurt me,"

       "That's good news!"

       "And they don't even tie me up, well, except for my right ankle..."

       "Are them forcing you to talk right now?"

       "No, they aren't."

       "Okay." Rabbit felt a little relive than before, "So what is happening now?"