Chapter 7

"Are they who I think they are?" Rabbit asked.
"I hope not but it looks like it." Squirrel replied with a quivering voice.
"Great. What are we going to do now?" The words came out of Rabbit's mouth shakily when Joey almost reached their spot and the three of them started to run with all their might. They all are foreign to Paris and didn't know where they're running towards to. They ran around all sorts of unfamiliar buildings hoping that they could shake off whoever were chasing them, but when Rabbit turned back to have a look, a group of men are still visible behind them and to make matters worst, they seem to be catching up.

"I think we have to split up" Squirrel blurted out this suggestion.
"What?! We're already lost running together how are we going to find our way back if we're separated?" Rabbit tried to reason with Squirrel but Squirrel wouldn't listen.
"We have to, they're already closing in. If we split up, at least one of us can make it to the police station and get help"
"You have a point there, but we will make it out of this and get help together, okay?"
Squirrel looked at Rabbit for a split second and gave a weak smile, "Okay." Then she made a sharp turn to the left and Rabbit lost sight of her within a few seconds.

"Joey, we're splitting up now, okay? Be careful!" Rabbit said and took the turning on her right before Joey could stop her.

After what seems like hours of running, Squirrel got really tired and needed to catch her breath, so she decided to hide under a tarp with boxes underneath it at the back alley where she ran into just awhile ago. A few minutes has passed and her breathing was starting to slow down to the normal pace. Squirrel thought she was safe and was about to get out of her hiding place when she heard footsteps coming closer.
Then she heard someone talking, "I saw her running into this alley."
"Me too. She can't be far away that's for sure!"
"Maybe she's hiding somewhere, she'll get tired for running so long." the voice sounded like he's out of breath, "I know I am."
"You're hopeless"
"Hey! Can't a man be breathless after THAT much running?!" the voice protested.

Squirrel got worried that they'll find her eventually. Her heart started to pick up pace and she tried to breathe as silently as possible. Then there were the sound of footsteps heading the direction away from her after that, Squirrel relaxed a little and thought that this time she was absolutely safe, but she was wrong again. The footsteps came back after a while and stopped right in front of her. The tarp covering her was pulled opened and she could see the sky above followed by the faces of some fierce looking men. She panicked and started to backed away from them while looking at them blankly. They smirked and caught her. The next thing that came to her was total blackness.

Rabbit was running as fast as her limits allowed her. She looked back and saw around six person chasing behind her. "Why are the majority of them chasing me? I thought there were about ten of them? Ugh." she thought in her mind. She was petrified and her heart was racing in her chest, but she had no choice, she could only keep clam and will herself to run. She was trying her best to run faster and thinking of a way to lose them finally a huge exhibition hall appeared in the direction she is heading to now. She blend herself into the crowd of people near the entrance of the exhibition hall. The gang chasing her stopped for a moment to locate her, she then used this opportunity and walked fast into the crowd of people attending the book fair. She walked deeper into the exhibition where the crowd seem to grow bigger within seconds. Three of the men from the gang walked to a shelf where she was standing behind it with a book in her hands blocking of face from their view and looking around angrily

"Damn it! We lost her!"
"How she did that in such a short time?!"
"She must be in here somewhere-"
"But look at this crowd, how the hell are we going to find her here?"
"Forget about it. Maybe she escape through the other exits without us noticing,"
"Shhh...keep your voices down, we don't want people to be suspicious about us."
"Fine. Now how are we going to tell to our boss?
"She got away smartly...you'll think boss would let us go?"
"But we have no choice-"
"Okay, okay, cut it off guys....let's grab some burgers and try to relax before we go back and face the music."