Chapter 20

Squirrel was sitting in front of the dressing table in George's house while Gwen was helping her to do her make up the next morning.
        "Do I really need to wear this make up and dress?" Squirrel asked.
        "Yes. This make up is very light only, after all. Anyway, what's so bad about all this, you're so beautiful."
        "This make up is wonderful but this dress...."
        "Not nice?" Gwen said.
        "No, it's just that I haven't wore a dress for a long already," Gwen stopped her actions of applying a foundation on Squirrel's face and look at her reflection in the mirror with an eyebrow lifted up.
        "What? Rabbit too." Squirrel defended herself.
        "Did someone mention my name?" Rabbit said as she walked into the room with three cans of sodas in her hand and offered two of it to them while opening one for herself.
        "She did." Gwen nudged her head towards Squirrel.
        "She didn't believe it when I said we didn't wear dress for quite some time already."
        "It's the truth." Rabbit said and took another sip of her drink. Gwen just looked at them in disbelief and resumed her work on Squirrel's face. 

        After Squirrel wore the dark blue dress pick out by Gwen with the refreshing natural looking makeup she had on her face, Rabbit and Gwen got themselves ready and they all sat in George's car and headed to the cafe Danny text them this morning. They made sure to drop Squirrel a few shops away from the actual cafe where Danny was at and followed her separately.

        They saw Boss and Prascale at a cafe and Squirrel walk towards them after adjusting her mood. Rabbit, Gwen and George found an empty table right next to the boss's table with some bushes in between, blocking their view from each other, but close enough to hear in their entire conversation. They order some cakes and coffee and kept their ears and eyes open to make sure Squirrel is safe.

        Squirrel acted like she was looking for a table when she saw Danny sitting by a table with Prascale and walked towards them, "Hi, what a surprise!" She stopped in front of their table and smiled.
        "Hey, how dare you, it's the right time-" Prascale's grin disappeared from her face when she was interrupted by Danny.
        "Chloe? What a coincidence to meet you! Come and join us." Danny invited her as he stood up from his seat and hugged her for a brief moment.
        "Thanks." Squirrel said as she sit down beside him after taking a look towards the bewildered Prascale opposite Danny.
        "What would you like to order?" Danny asked as a waiter passed by them and handed them a menu. "How about your favorite cheese cake?"
        "Okay, and a cappuccino please." Squirrel said with a smile and handed the waiter back the menu.

        Danny introduced Squirrel as Chloe to Prascale but she glared at Squirrel and ignored them. Prascale just kept looking at Squirrel and Danny as if  two aliens were eating a spaceship in front of her. She was thinking in her mind that why is he so good to someone she hate. It's Squirrel for goodness sake! Why is he calling her Chloe? And when did they become friends?

        When the cake and coffee arrived, Squirrel started to dig into her cake. Secretly thanking Danny to have such a good guess about her favourite cake flavour.
        "Yum, it's delicious!" Squirrel commented on the cake while licking her lips slowly. "Want some?" she offered and started to cut a small slice of her cake for him.
        "Love to!" Danny smiled and waited for Squirrel to feed him her cake.
        "Yummy! Want some of my Tiramitsu cake?" Danny asked in return.
        "Sure!" Squirrel said and he fed her some straight from his fork.

        This intimate actions of Squirrel and Danny feeding each other brought Prascale back to reality. She was shock and angry of them and banged the table with her fist, ignoring the stares from the other table.
        "What the hell are you two doing??!!" She pointed an accusing finger towards Squirrel,
        "Prascale, what happen? We were just testing the cake." Squirrel said innocently.
        "Oh ya? Can't you just feed yourself? Or better yet can't you just order yourself another piece of cake?!" Prascale raised her voice as anger built up in her.
        "The cake is on my side so it's more convenient for me to scoop for him. Plus, I only wanted to try a bite, no need for another piece of cake." Squirrel defended her immediately.
        "I hate you!!!" Prascale stood up and screamed at her.
        "Prascale! Enough already! What's gotten into you? She's just a friend!" Danny follow suit and stood up too.
        "Humph! Do you even know who she is?!"
        "Let's calm down, darling. She's Chloe, I told you just awhile ago."
        "She's Squirrel!"
        Danny looked surprisingly at Squirrel then back at Prascale, "Darling, what nonsense are you talking about? She is Chloe, I've known her for weeks by now," He said and a laughed, "Come on, sit down , okay?" And he sat down himself.

        Just what does she think she's doing to my Danny? And how could he believe her instead of me? Prascale thought in her mind, Heh, just you wait and see, Squirrel, you want to play? I can play this game too. "Fine." she sat down and took a sip of her coffee, "Dear, go shopping with me now."
        "Now? Okay." Danny rolled his eyes.

        Behind the bushes, Rabbit, Gwen and George were holding their laughter.
        "Did you see Prascale?" George started while holding his urge to laugh.
        "Yes, she's so angry" Rabbit lowered her voice with a smirk on her face.
        "They're leaving" Gwen reminded us as she saw them standing up from their table. Rabbit, Gwen and George left their table too and followed them behind a small crowd of people on the road, but then Squirrel caught up with them and held Danny's arm to stop them from walking.
        "Danny!" she called out, "I'm bored, can I join you?"
        "Of course." and Danny held her hands in return. Prascale got angry and stomp her foot on the pavement, separating their hand apart and pushed Squirrel away from Danny.
        "I hate you!" she screamed at the top of her lungs again.
        "Prascale, stop embarrassing us in public!" Danny tried to stop Prascale from creating a scene.
        "How could you hold her hand?"
        "It's just holding hands, it's not like we're kissing. Now stop acting like a child!" Danny tried to calm his voice but a hint of anger is audible in his tone.

        Pracale couldn't believe Danny didn't go along with her and stomped her foot on the ground again while screaming at Squirrel that she hates her to the core and stormed away from them. After seeing Prascale turning a corner, Danny and Squirrel started to laugh and walked to his car together. Upon seeing this, Rabbit, Gwen and George laughed from a distance and walked back to their car too.

        "Snake..." Joey called out for Snake as she moved closer to Snake. She was transfer ed to this room not long ago because the gangsters couldn't stand her screaming of wanting to be with Snake.
        "Yes? What's wrong my dear Joey" Snake hold her close to him as she laid herself on his chest.
        "I'm scare." Joey start want to cry again.
        "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."
        "What about you?"
        "I'm okay. I'll get you out of here with or without their help."
        "They will help us."
        "I know.But in the mean time, I'll protect you, even if it means dying."
        "NO!!!!!!"
        "Shhhhhh, softer a bit."
        "I don't care! I don't care!" Joey started to cry loudly again.

        The screaming caught the attention of the other gangsters playing poker outside of their room. "Oi! Why are you crying again? Very noisy you know??! For goodness' sake, STOP IT!!!" One of the gangsters slammed the door opened.
        "I hate you! I hate all of you!! So heartless, why can't I even cry??!!"
        "Can, but can you please do it in silent mode!! Oi! Ask your wife to stop being so noisy!"
        "Sorry, sorr-"
        "Why are you apologizing to them? It's not our fault." Joey stopped Snake from apologizing further.
        "Do you want them to be mad at you and hurt you?."
        "I don't care!!!!" Joey shouted and turned to the gangster who was talking to them, "I hate you! I hate you all! So heartless! No sympathetic one! Heartless Idiots!!!"
        "What did you say??!!" then the gangster call his man come. "Take her away, very noisy!!"
        "Please don't hurt her. Take me instead, don't hurt her" Snake begged them as they were dragging Joey away from him. But the gangster just pulled Joey out from the room and locked the door, leaving Snake cursing them in the room. "Like we care", the gangster who locked the door said as he rolled his eyes.