Chapter 17

SUIRREL'S POINT OF VIEW

        "First, Snake will kick the door -" I explained my plan to Rabbit.
        "Kick the door? That will wake the dead," Rabbit said with sarcasm.
        I ignored her remark, "Snake will go and find Joey and they'll flee together-"
        "Not so easy," Rabbit thought I was talking nonsense.
        "I know, so this way better."
        "Are you going to let them get locked in there for their rest of lives or killed?"
        "Hey, they're our friends, you know-" I said,
        "Of course I know," Rabbit said.
        "So I never wanted to let them die!" 
        "But your plan looks too silly..."
        "Looks silly but smart." I said and grinned.
        "Smart?" Rabbit looked at me dubiously.
        "Yeah, unless they're eavesdropping on us right now" I said sarcastically.
        "Seriously?" Rabbit soften her voice too, "Yeah, they might be. Remember those detective movies we watched?"
        "Remember." I nodded.
        "If they placed a listening device when-"
        "Oh, please..Can you please stop saying something about eavesdropping?" I said, but her voice was still so soft as if we were really being eavesdropped. I leaned in to her,  "I said that just in case they're really eavesdropping on us, I didn't mean for you to started getting paranoid"
       "But we need to be aware too, since you've mentioned it, it's possible," She said.
       "Okay, or you want to discuss with George first? He's one of the gang's subordinates after all, he knows more than us."
       "Not bad." Rabbit gave it a thought,  "You're coming with me."
       "O..kay.." I said unwillingly. I still don't trust George even though she've explained a lot about him to me and the prove that she's always back safe and sound after being with George.

        "Hello," Rabbit greeted when George opened the door.
        "Hi, nice to meet you," I said behind her while tilting my head to the side so George could see me.
        "Hi, nice to meet you, you must be Squirrel, she mentioned about you a lot," He made a welcome gesture. After closing his door, we followed him to a basement when Rabbit explained to him that we're here to make a plan.
        "What do you guys want to know?" George started our conversation when we were seated on the stools that were kept in the basement.
        "First question: Can we trust you?" I asked this obvious question which made George and Rabbit rolled their eyes and looked at each other.
        "How about some better question?" George asked her, "and yes you can,"
        "We're here to discuss the plan with you," Rabbit replied. She told me that George promised to help us with our rescue mission. She believed him even though it was illogical for him to help us without any reasons,since he's one of the members from the gang.
        "And we got help from a police friend of mine so don't even think about doing anything to us." I warned him.
        "Wait... where and when did you have a friend from the police department?" Rabbit asked me in surprise.
        "The girl I told you that time."
        "Okay, so we have the police. Then...that will make thing more easier," George said.
      "Aren't you afraid of being caught?" I eyed George skeptically with the fiercest glare I can ever glanced. He gulped and turned away, facing Rabbit and I smirked with pride, looks like my angry glare is fierce enough.
        "So what we need now is a plan," Rabbit said after faking a cough,  "A good one,"
        "How about...we put on a show to distract them?" George told us his idea.
        "Like how?"
        "Okay. We need a person to be...like a person that is close with the boss and won't be a threat for them," George's gaze slowly turned to me after finishing his sentence.
        "What?" I said indignantly.
        "Relax Squirrel, you won't be alone in this act," George was trying to calm me down.
        "How am I going to relax? I've never done anything like this before, and do you even know how dangerous it is?!"  I raised my voice without meaning to.
        "I know it's dangerous. But it's the only way, we need a person to be close to the boss, to spend time with him, to get him away from Prascale's toxic ideas of hurting you and your friends."
        After hesitating for a moment, I finally agreed and said, "Fine, but you two must protect me okay?"
        "Sure thing," George and Rabbit said at the same time with determination.
        "I know why it's not Rabbit's job to be in this role," I grinned as a thought came across my mind after seeing their unison reply.
        "Why?" Rabbit asked.
        "Because they saw you both went to a restaurant together that night,"
        Rabbit shrugged,  "Well, that's true, we don't want Prascle to get suspicious right?"
    George looked at her and agreed, "Maybe we can act like a loving couple to make Prascale believe even more about the misunderstanding...at least Rabbit will be safe--"
        "Yeah, of course you want to do that," I teased and Rabbit glared at me.
        George cleared his throat and continued his sentence, "--and the boss likes Squirrel's characteristic, I mean he'll like girls like you,"
        "What?!" Rabbit and I said in unison, I really wanted to slap him when he said something so unreasonable,
        "Calm down you two, it makes sense. You're awesome and reasonable and independent unlike all the qualities Prascale has," he said while rolling his eyes.
        "Okay, fine...we're playing along while sacrificing for our dear friends," We agreed at last, but then I remember Prascale wanting the boss to catch us, "But how is he going to like me if I'm the one he supposed to catch? I was caught before, you know?" 
        George shooked his head and laughed, "That's only Prascale's doing, he usually didn't know anything about those stuff, he probably don't even know you were caught"

        Squirrel dialed Gwen, the girl, to come over so she'll know when to arrest the bad guys. 
        "Gwen?" George turned to ask Rabbit in disbelief when I was calling Gwen on the phone.
        "Yes," Rabbit realized his change in expression, "What's wrong?"
        "You know her?" Rabbit asked him again when he didn't say anything.
        "The girl...with straight long hair?" He was trying to describe.
        "No." I shook my head as I ended the call and heard him asking.
        "I thought it was her," He slumped his shoulders with a frown on his face.
        "Ex-?" Rabbit started carefully.
        "Nope, I have a..." He look up and looked at both of us, "A very close friend named Gwen when I'm young, but we've..." 
        "Oh," Looking at his sad face, we didn't know what to say then.

        After searching for Geoge's house for almost thirty minutes, Gwen finally arrived.
        "Ding dong~" She pressed the door bell.
        "I open the door for her," I volunteered as I walked towards the stairs leading up the living room.
        Rabbit turned to George and found his eyes were wet.
        "Sorry," He said to her before she could say anything and stood up and head upstairs. Rabbit sighed and followed him but stopped when she realized he was heading to the toilet, so she joined me at the living room.

        "Hi, nice house," Gwen observed the surroundings. 
        I led her into the house and said, "This is my friend Rabbit."
        "Hi." they shook hands with polite smiles on their faces.
        I thought George would follow Rabbit here but I didn't see him anywhere and asked,"Where is George?"
        "He went to the toilet." Rabbit nodded her head towards the corridor on the left of the living room.
        We decided to wait for George before getting into our plan as we didn't want to repeat our plan twice just in case there's someone spying on us and also because we're too lazy to do it twice.
        Gwen was curious about George after more than ten minutes had passed. Her kept shifting her focus to the side of the house where Rabbit said the toilet was while they are chatting about random stuff.
        "What's taking him so long?" Gwen asked impatiently,
        We shrugged and Rabbit walked to the toilet to check on him, "George?"
        "Here." George opened the door slowly while forcing a smile at her and I could see a doleful look on Rabbit's face.