Chapter 3

SQUIRREL'S POINT OF VIEW

        The next morning, Joey came barging into my room screaming, "HELP ME!!!" I just got up and was still beginning to gain conscious, but when I heard Joey's screaming for help, my sleepiness left me instantly. "What happened, Joey? What's wrong? Is there a burglar in our house?!'

        "What? No, there's not burglar in our house, it's much worse than that!" Joey shouted at me and ran into Rabbit's room and did the same thing. I quickly jump off of my comfy bed and followed suit.

        "HELP ME!!! I'M DEAD MEAT!!" Joey screamed again when she entered Rabbit's room, but all Rabbit did is flip her position in the bed and hugged her bolster closer to her. "Oh my gosh, RABBIT! WAKE UP AND HELP ME! LIKE RIGHT NOW!!" but again, all Rabbit did is let out a moan and pulled her blanket over her head.

        "Joey? Joey! Can you tell me what's happening now?" I asked in panic, "You're frightening me!"

        Joey looked at me for a second and tears started to gather in her eyes. She stomped to Rabbit's bed and shook her hard while screaming, "PLEASE DON'T IGNORE ME! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE, YOU GUYS HAVE TO HELP ME! WAKE UP!"

        Finally, Rabbit opened her eyes and sat up in bed with an annoyed look on her face and started to grumble at Joey, "WHAT? What is wrong with you? What time is it??" and reached her hand out to the nightstand beside her bed and opened the drawer to retrieve her phone inside. After a look at the time showing on her phone's screen, she grumbled again, this time louder. "Seriously? Joey, it's 6am in the morning, what are you doing screaming around the house and waking everybody up?"

        "It's an emergency!" Joey protested.

        "So, what is the emergency?" Rabbit and I said in annoyance together.

        "I'm going on a date later with Snake, remember him right? And the problem is I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Joey wiped her tears on her face, "and why are you guys so fierce to me? I really need help..."

        Rabbit and I look at each other and sighed.

        "Joey, it's 6am in the morning, what can we do for you this early in the morning? All the shops are not open until at least 10am." I tried to keep my annoyance under control.

        "Yeah, she's right, Joey. You should get some sleep if you want to have a perfect date, you know, so you won't be too tired during the date." Rabbit added. "And who says you don't have anything to wear, you have the most clothes among the three of us."

        "Uh-huh, and if you want, we can lend you our dresses too. That is if you want." I continued.

        "Okay...I guess you're right, I'll go back to sleep now, but please wake me up again at nine so I have enough time to prepare myself, the date is at five in the evening." Joey said softly and managed a smile before walking back to her room.

        I shook my head and turned to face Rabbit, "Seriously? Five in the evening and she woke us up at six," I walked over to the nightstand and took Rabbit's hand phone to look at the time, "Great, I've just wasted half an hour of my beauty sleep!" I complained.

        "I know right, why don't you just sleep here so both of us can get more beauty sleep" Rabbit suggested and scooted to the side of the bed to leave a space for me join her. I thanked her and gladly drop myself into her bed and slept.

        I woke up to the sound of a loud bang in the next room and things falling on the floor. I shook Rabbit lightly to wake her up, thinking that maybe this time, it really is a burglary. "Rabbit, do you hear that sound?" I whispered.