Chapter 23

After thinking for a whole night, Prascale decided to forget all the bad things that had happened yesterday. She opened Danny's room slightly and tried to search for his silhouette.
        "Dear," She said softly. "I didn't mean to slap her, I'm just-- I'm just really frustrated,"
        "Never mind, don't do it again," Danny said and closed his eyes for a second, "ever."
        "But I'm still angry at you, and her," She stressed the her, but Danny just kept quiet and stare at the view outside their window.
        "You are different now," Prascale said sadly, shaking her head in dismay.
        "I like the way Chloe is, she...she's much more polite than you,"
        "I'm just more straightforward and I don't lie!"
        Danny felt a pang of guilty and felt sad when he saw tears running down Prascale's cheek, he knew what he did with Squirrel was probably too much to her. To Danny, Prascale was actually an innocent kid who was spoil since young, but he had to do this cruel thing to her, as it's also a way to make Prascale gives up her hope on him. He never loved  her, he just took care of her like a sister, but he didn't wanted to hurt her back then, so he pretended to love her very much. Truth is, he did love her, but only as a sister not a lover.
        "You never understand what I'm talking about." Danny said.
        "I want to break up with you! This time I'm serious!"
        Before he can say anything, Prascale continued, "You are really different now! You'd always object my break-up idea faster than the speed of light, but now yourarararna..." Danny couldn't understand her words because she was sobbing, he just heard a bunch of slurred words. Be determined! Be determined! Danny said in his mind, because he needed to say something more unacceptable to her now, "Chloe is my new girlfriend now, I really like her, I'm sorry,"
        He gave Prascale a hug as consolation despite the fact that it's a disgusting action to him, he did this for the past few years. Prascale cried non-stop and finally fell asleep in his embrace. Danny quickly called the gang to move her inside their bedroom to have a rest.

        As the gang don't have the key to Prascale's room, they brought her to their room. The man who was carrying her asked, "Whose bed to put on?"
        "His." A voice came from the gang.
        "Yours." The owner of the bed whose got suggested said in return.
        "His." 
        "His." They keep pointing at each other and it went on for a moment.
        "Let me think for a while." The one carrying her said out loud to stop them from arguing.
        "I think she's fine to sleep on the floor,"
        "Good idea!" They all chimed in and they took a comforter and laid it on the floor before placing her gently on it.

        Danny called Squirrel, Rabbit, George and Gwen to discuss the rescue plan that won't make the others suspicious.
        "Gwen, don't fuss with this by calling the entire police force ,okay?" Danny said.
        "But what if they all found out somehow and tried to stop you?" Gwen disagreed with him.
        "They're my subordinates,"
        "They're Prascale's subordinate to be exact," Rabbit chimed in, "Just saying"
        "But now I'm the boss, we're all friends already"
        "You are definitely not a professional spy," Gwen said.
        "I think Gwen is right." Squirrel said, nodding.
        "Yeah, how would we know if they won't turn against us, they're Prascale's brother subordinate from the very beginning," Rabbit tried to persuade him.
        "But-"
        "I don't want to lose George again, okay!" Gwen said.
        "No, you won't lose me again. Don't worry," George patted Gwen's shoulder softly.
        "Then let me contact the police now."
        Danny stopped Gwen's action of taking her phone from her pocket, "No. I think you better stay at home and wait for our good news," 
        "What if it's a bad news?" Gwen asked.
        "It won't be,"
        "But-"
        "No buts. Squirrel, Rabbit, let's go to your hotel to plan."
        "But what about Gwen?"
        "I don't want her to participate in this plan," Danny thought Gwen was troublesome as she kept disapproving him, that's why he decided to plan without her presence.
        "But why?"
        Rabbit was silent for a few seconds, "Wait, wait. And what about George?"
        "I'll tell you two in your hotel later." George understood Danny's suggestion and looked at Gwen, said, "I'm sorry, Gwen. I can't let you know anything about this plan, but I'd let you know when to come along with your police buddies when it's the right time,"
        "Then I'll ask Rabbit and Squirrel," Gwen insisted.
        "No. Rabbit, Squirrel, if you tell her anything about our plan, I won't help you anymore," Danny said.
        "What?!" Squirrel was shocked to hear the second sentence.
        "Aren't you a police?" Rabbit reacted the same.
        "And isn't a police's job is to help people?" Squirrel continued.
        "Shh! Don't so loud"
        "What are you worrying about??" Rabbit said.
        "My subordinate,"
        "Didn't you just said they're your 'friends'?" Gwen mocked.
        "Not in that way"
        "Then how are you going to ask me not to worry about you?" Gwen said turning to George.
        "Rabbit and Squirrel will be with me all the time,"
        "Gwen, don't worry, it's not our first time doing something like being a spy," Rabbit grinned and thought about her past.
        "Rabbit was right. Don't worry about us," Squirrel winked at her.
        "But you two haven't really been a spy before," Gwen said with a worry tone.
        "We'll try our best," Rabbit and Squirrel smile and tried to convince Gwen not to be worry.