Chapter 26

Snake searched the insides of his pocket. "My wallet," Snake was thinking in his mind, "Oh ya, those jerks took it too."

        When Gwen was on duty that day, she saw Snake eyeing a lady's purse.
        "HEY YOU!" Gwen pointed at him and chased him.
        "Damn it!" Snake ran away. Snake has the worst sense of direction although he was intelligent, he didn't even realized that he was actually running toward the boss's building. When he looked back to make sure the police isn't following him, he hit someone.
        "Excuse me." Snake said but the person wouldn't move away. He wondered why the person wouldn't let him through when he saw more shadows started to encircle him.
        "Do you know who I am?" A man asked.
        "Who are you? Please-" Snake looked up and saw the scar on the person's face.
        "The gangster?" Snake looked around and found a gap between the gangsters. He quickly ran away through the gap.
        Gwen was running pass them when she saw the movement and quickly ran towards them and asked, "Did you recognize him?"
        "The coward?"
        "Hahaha." Some men from the gang laughed.
        "The person that ran away just now," Gwen said.
        They ignored her question and one of them said, "She looks familiar."
        "And pretty too."
      Gwen felt that she was mocked by them and jogged towards the direction in front of her, trying to search for the guy she was chasing just now.
        Seeing Gwen walking away, a man beside the person with the scar said, "Why don't you escort her? Aren't you finding a girlfriend,"
        "Wait, I know her!" A man from the gang frowned and he looked serious.
        "She?"
        "George's sister!" The man looked up and said with a surprisingly tone.
        "It's impossible, George's sister is with George now,"
        "But-"
        "No but," The gangster went away.

        Rabbit and Squirrel were still trying to convince Joey that George was not with the gangster, however, Joey just kept saying that she hate him.
        "We've told you, his one of us now!"
        "He's still a gangster, right?!" Joey said.
        "NO," Squirrel said the no for very long and was shaking her head aggressively.
        "Then why is he together with them all the time!" Joey said.
        "Not all the time!" Rabbit said.
        "Rabbit's right! George spend more of his time with Rabbit after they met!"
        "Well...I think he has his own evil plot that you guys don't know about!" Joey said.
        "He has no plot!"
        "How can you be so sure?! And what about the boss? The person name Danny?!"
        "What's wrong with him again?!"
        "He arranged all this, didn't he?! And that Prascale, he listened to her, that's why we're all in danger since the very beginning!!"
        "He was forced to!"
        "Who could force him?! He's the boss there!"
        "But he's not actually a gangster!"
        "Oh yeah? That's what you said about George too!"
        "Because that's the truth!" Rabbit increased her voice.
        "You both are so stupid! To think that you both even believe what they said!"
        "Why don't you just say you're too stubborn to accept their help?!" Rabbit tried to not show her annoyance.
        "Because I'm not stupid like you!"  Joey said.
        "Who's stupid? Do you really expect the two of us to rescue you and Snake alone?" Rabbit said.
        "No, thank you! NO NEED ALREADY!!" Joey shouted.
        "Of course you don't need it for now, because we brought you both out!" Squirrel said.
        "Then sorry for all those trouble, next time, we don't need your help!!"
        "FINE! That's what you said!" Squirrel said while thinking in her mind what the hell is going on.
       "FINE! We'll go separate ways!" Joey went out of the room despite Rabbit trying her best to block her way. She headed to the hotel lobby and booked a room with some money which Rabbit had given her after she was freed.