Chapter 1

FIRST PERSON(RABBIT AND SQUIRREL) POINT OF VIEW

        "Rabbit and Squirrel had scored the highest mark in the exam, let's clap for them! " *clapping* Yeah, each of us have a nickname for ourselves, and yes, it's quite weird, but since we are kind of an animal lover, we just named ourselves Rabbit and Squirrel.

        We're 18, still a bunch of girls in our freshmen year attending a local private college. We were here on scholarship, so that's why sometimes we get mocked by other meaner rich people. Not saying that rich people are all mean, but the mean people here are all rich kids, but of course, there are nice rich people too.

        "Hey!" a group of girls (about 3-4 girls) said to us," Why don't both of you just get the hell away from here? What a horrible addition to our classy scenery, ugh!"

      "What's wrong with you?" Squirrel said out loud to them while having not the slightest idea about what their mean remark was meant for.

       "So what if you guys got the highest mark?! NERDS! " One of them pointed at Rabbit and threw a sarcastic remark to her.

       "WHAT?! " Rabbit replied in annoyance.

       The group shoved us hard and we fell on the rough bitumen ground just outside the school's foyer.  

       Just then, our friend Joey saw us being bullied by these mean girls and came over to help us up and scolded them. "Hey, losers! Who do you think you're messing with?!"

        They ignored her scoldings and rolled their eyes. A skinny nerdy boy with glasses passed by the school's foyer saw Joey and the bullying. He got really angry and approached us, with the idea of wanting to help us in mind, stood right in front of them and scolded them too, "What are you doing to them?! Why don't you pick someone your own size instead of bullying them? Or maybe because you all are just losers,"  He smirked with his arms crossed in front of him.

       "Because Squirrel and Rabbit are both idiots!" The leader of the mean girls group said while looking at us in disgust.

       "I thought you just said they got the highest mark?" Joey said sarcastically.

      "Yeah, but they're still idiots, unlike us" The leader of the the mean girls group rolled her eye and turned towards the nerdy boy with a change of a more friendly look on her face, "and unlike you, handsome, you're not an idiot either."

       "Ugh, stop flirting with every single boy you see!" Joey said in disgust.

       "Excuse me, I, the most amazing person in at least this school only flirts with smart handsome boys like him, and smart handsome boys like him, deserves better girls, like me," The leader of the group said with pride.

       The boy face turned bright red for a split second but he took a deep breath and regained his posture, saying, "Uh, well, thanks for the compliment, but come on, you guys can't scold them too just because you're jealous of them getting the highest mark,"

       "Pshh, jealous? You're kidding me? Why should we be jealous?" One the girls in the group with a punk hairstyle scoffed. "You're quite a cool guy for a nerd, so how about you stop helping them and start hanging out with us, the cool kids,"

       "Me? Cool? Erm hmm....yeah, of course I'm cool, okay, I'll join you guys, but only after you apologize to them," The nerdy boy said. "SINCERELY," He emphasized again.

       "Fine, sorry," then she muttered something under her breath, "Idiots." and they walked away after winking to the boy. But the boy just ignored them and smile at us then shifting his focus on Joey.

        He just had a strong power inside of his voice, the power that you would never had expected from him judging by his look. His had a voice of an authority that makes people do what he told them to with reasons, but then again, his voice has this really comforting feeling that calms your mind when his talking to you. We thanked him for helping us and was trying to ask for his name but it seems like he didn't heard our question. His focus was on Joey and it stayed there looking into Joey's eyes. He's probably starting to imagine about their future. With the state he's in, we decided to thank Joey instead, but Joey did the same thing too, staring into his eyes like they're the only two person left in this world, probably thinking about her future with this boy in front of us too. We knew it wasn't the time to thank either one of them because this is the first time we had ever seen Joey's soulful glance at a boy since we knew her for years. Plus, they wouldn't have heard us either if we tried to thanked them again.

        We let a few seconds pass and announced that we'll be leaving. Just as we started walking towards the school gate, Joey waved goodbye to the boy and caught with us.

        "Why didn't you stay with him?" Rabbit asked.

        "You guys were leaving" Joey protested.

        "Of course we're leaving, do you want us to be your light bulb of the day?" Rabbit teased Joey while Squirrel agreed to Rabbit. Rabbit and Squirrel laughed while Joey rolled her eyes.

        That night, inside Joey's mind are probably all the scenes where all the sweet couple stuff happens, like the warmth from holding each other's hands, the tights hug, the passionate kisses, the happily-ever-after dream marriage.... 

        Ever since that day, all Joey could do was thinking about the boy who helped us that day, thinking about his handsome face, thinking about his bravery and act of hero for helping us against the mean girls, reminiscing about the time when he helped us, every single sentence and movement him were playing on repeat in her mind. Sometimes,  even when we were talking to her, she wouldn't had noticed either until when we shake her by the arms slightly.

        Joey was starting to have a crush on him, and the more she thought about him, the stronger the urge to see him again grows. Loving him at first sight, she fell in love with him without even knowing his name. She fell in love with his looks and his heroic act. Well, at least to Joey, what he did was like saving someone from a burning building.

        Well, of course, nobody knew about that, only Joey. But what she didn't know was that something is going to happen sometime later and it involves the very same boy that has been running around in her mind for days.