Chapter 6

After 17 hours of long flight, Squirrel and Rabbit reached Paris finally. They were very excited as this was their first time traveling to another country. Once they stepped out of the airport's main entrance where all the other passengers are getting on the taxis waiting by the entrance, Rabbit opened her arms wide, closed her eyes and took a deep breath taking in all the smell and sounds surrounding her.

        "Isn't the air's smell same as the smell in our country?" Rabbit asked out loud. Squirrel pulled Rabbit's arms down immediately due to embarrassment as some of the passer-by looked at Rabbit with a weird expression and some even laughed a little.

        "No, it's different," Squirrel waved her hand a taxi to stop it. A taxi driver saw Squirrel's waving hand and stopped beside them. The driver stopped the taxi and got down to help them load their luggage into the boot of the car, They got in the car after they had loaded their things and asked the driver to bring them Hotel de Londres Eiffel, the hotel they booked just before they left for the airport.

      After a half hour drive from the airport to the hotel and many stunning scenery of the city later, they arrived the hotel. They approached the receptionist at the grand looking reception to check-in to their room.

        "Bonjour! Welcome to Hotel de Londres Eiffel, may I help you?" The friendly blonde with a warm smile greeted us.

        "Bonjour! We would like to check in to our room now, we booked a room from here under the name Rabbit and Squirrel," Rabbit said while showing a document.

        "Rabbit and Squirrel?" The receptionist tried to confirm with us and we nodded. "Very unusual name," she smiled and clicked on her computer.

        "It's room 518. Fifth floor, room 518, here are your key cards." She handed us a key card each with a smile.

        "Thanks," Rabbit said to her when a bellboy walked to us with cart. He smiled at us after greeting us and started to load our luggage on the cart.

        While the bellboy was unloading our luggage into our room, Squirrel took a bar of kitkat and gave him some of it as a token of gratitude. The bellboy was really happy because there was not many people gave him snacks as tips, plus he loves kitkat.

        A moment after the bellboy left, Rabbit and Squirrel were alone in the nicely decorated hotel which has the theme of a little country side feeling and also a little bit of royal touch to it. Squirrel was amazed by the scenery outside the huge glass door that opens into the balcony where you can see people walking into various shops going on about their daily life. She went out to the balcony and said, "The buildings here are gorgeous," and took her phone out to snap a few pictures.

       "I like their architectural style and the cooling breeze here," Rabbit switched on her phone, after the screen is fully loaded and ready to use, miss calls of the same number appeared on the screen of her phone. "THIRTY-SIX missed calls?" Rabbit exclaimed.

        Squirrel got curious and walked over to Rabbit, "But it's just 17hours, who was it?"

       "Don't know, it's an unknown number and here are two voice messages. Let's listen to it,"

       Rabbit played the first voice message curiously, "Listen up! If you don't want your friends to suffer, you guys better be good, and listen to what we order."

       "Haha, could be just a prank call. They didn't have to be so mean and desperate, THIRTY-SIX missed calls," Squirrel shrugged a little. Then Rabbit played the second voice mail, "Hey, pick up the next time we call or you're going to regret."

        "Or maybe not," Squirrel said again after the message had been played.

        Just then, the phone rang again. Rabbit picked it up and heard nothing from the other end of the phone, so she shrugged and off the phone. This happened for a second time, and then the third and it went on for ten minutes until Rabbit got annoyed and yelled to the caller when it called again.

       "WHO ARE YOU? I'm not going to waste any more of my time with you if you're not going to start talking!." Rabbit waited for five seconds but only silence greeted her on the other side of the line so she hung up and switched off her phone and muttered, "Idiots." They shrugged it off and didn't paid much attention to it again for the rest of the morning which they spent relaxing in the bathtub and sleeping for a while as they were exhausted after the long flight from Malaysia.

        They started to unpack their luggage after having their meals.

        "This room is amazing. I still can't believe we're in Paris now!" Rabbit said excitedly while Squirrel agreed to her. After Rabbit was done unpacking her things, she switched on her phone again and it rang immediately. The same number appeared on the screen and Rabbit rolled her eyes before picking it up. "For the last time-", she couldn't finish her sentence because she was interrupted by a stranger's voice, it was a man's voice. She instantly turn the speaker mode on so Squirrel can listen to it too.

       "You two innocent idiots, your friend are in our hands now." the voice informed us.

       "Sorry, Sir, but I think you got the wrong number. We-" Squirrel said but was once again cut of by the voice.

        "I'm pretty certain this is the right number, I've dialed so many times that I could even memorize it now"

        "Look, enough with whatever you're doing now, NO MORE PRANKS!" Squirrel yelled into the phone.

        "Oh, you think this is a prank?" The voice smirked and it yelled to someone, the next thing we know, we heard a scream and our blood froze.

        "HELP ME!" Squirrel and rabbit looked at each other, it's Joey's voice, they can recognize it.

        "Don't run! Hey, catch her! Don't let her run away!" The stranger yelled to whoever it is with him and the call ended abruptly.

        The conversation left them speechless for a moment.

       "Rabbit, you think she escaped?" Squirrel broke the silence.

       "I don't know. I hope so. She might be out there somewhere, maybe we should try to look around."

       "Okay, does the 'Find Friend' app you got for us function outside of Malaysia?"

       "Yes, it does." Rabbit nodded and they tried to detect the place where Joey are. Find friend app is an app found by Rabbit that is able to track where your friends are if both of you are connected.

       "It's within 5km," Rabbit gasped as a green dot appeared on the screen of the map. They immediately ran out of the hotel and started to search Joey via the map shown on the screen and by looking at nearby places. "It's Joey!" Squirrel pointed excitedly to her while flapping her hand on Rabbit's shoulder to catch her attention, "Hi-" Squirrel waved to Joey who was running to them but her hand froze in mid air when she realized there was a group of angry looking men chasing Joey from the back where the crowd of people rushed to the sidewalk to avoid getting knocked over by them.