Chapter 27

In the room, Joey kept quiet and was staring at her black polished toe nails gloomily.
        "Joey," Rabbit tested carefully, "are you still angry with me?" 
        "With us?" Squirrel corrected her and ran to joey's side and face to her since they weren't tied up or anything like before.
        "Joey, some respond, please," Rabbit said with a begging tone.
        "Oh, you said please," Squirrel laughed.
        "What's so funny about me saying please?" Rabbit pretended to be serious.
        "Hey..." Squirrel didn't know what to say next. There's a moment of silence between them while they were thinking about ways to ease the serious atmosphere. Rabbit and Squirrel kept nudging each other to signal each other to speak first.
        "I'm still want to be mad at you guys," Joey broke the silence finally, "but it's just...too hard." she frowned.
        "That means we are still friends, right?" Rabbit hook her arm over Joey's shoulder and poked her lightly on the arm with her other hand..
        "I never said that we weren't friends before," Joey protested while turning her head to make sure she'd made eye contacts with both of them when she's talking.
        "But just now-"
        "That is because I'm too worry about my Snake," Joey said and they could see anxiety in Joey's eyes.
        "So...you mean you trust George now?" Rabbit tried.
        "Not at all." Before they can say anything, she continued, "But I trust you two."
        "Joey is the best!" Squirrel and Rabbit did a high-five over Joey's head and they giggled.

        Snake was sneaking from the back door of the gangster's hideout silently after successfully escaping from the gangsters from earlier. He decided to go back there because he had this feeling in him that Joey didn't escape from there safely. Call it a hunch or call him being silly, but he believed the special connection he shared with Joey.

        "Now...where's my Joey?" ,he thought to himself while looking around the rooms when he heard some noises coming from a room, "It's Joey and her friend's voice!" Then he ran to the door and call out for Joey after making sure he was alone and nobody was near there.
        "Joey! Are you there Joey?" he knocked on the door softly.
        "Snake?" Squirrel looked at Rabbit to make sure she didn't imagine that.
        "Snake? Is that you Snake?!" Joey got up immediately and ran to the door.
        "Joey! Hang in there, I'm getting you out." then Snake banged the knob with a brick he found and manage to get the door open without getting the attention of the gangster from the other side of the building.
        "Oh, Snake, I love you!" Joey hugged him straightaway once the door was out of their way.
        "Joey, I love you too!" he pulled her in for a tight embrace.
        "Erm...didn't George let you go already?" Squirrel said from behind with Rabbit following from behind.
        "You knew? Anyway, why are you still here? I thought you were free according to Ge...that jerk" he forgot his name again.
        "George." Rabbit said in annoyance, "Why are you still here anyway? George said you ran away."
        "Yes, but I'm here to rescue Joey, I didn't know you both were here too"
        "Silly, why did you came back? How do you even know I'm here, anyway?" Joey looked at him worriedly.
        "Because I have a feeling you're still here and I want to rescue you," Snake touched her face gently with his hand.
        "Snake...."
        "Remember, I love you, therefore, I will be there for you anytime, anywhere" and he planted a kiss on her forehead.
        "Snake, you didn't have to risk your life saving me"
        "Joe-"
        "Erm...I think we should escape first, then you guys can go get a room" Squirrel interrupted them.
        "Yes, that's more important than the great philosophy of  'why you came back'" Rabbit agreed to Squirrel and beckoned them to move quickly.

        They ran towards the backdoor as fast and as silent as they can but just before they could reach for the door, they heard police sirens and saw flashing lights coming from outside.
        "The police??" Snake and Joey gasped in surprise and hope filled their eyes with joy.
        "What are we waiting for? Let's go out!" Squirrel said.
        "Shh! There are gangsters over there" Rabbit noticed some men walking towards their direction and looked around for a hiding place, "Let's hide behind those boxes" she ran and motioned them to follow her while crouching down to avoid getting caught.

        After a few minutes had passed, Rabbit poked her head carefully to check on their surroundings, "I think we're save now"
        "Let's go out slowly" Squirrel suggested. Then suddenly someone touched Squirrel's shoulder "Ahhh!" she cried but quickly covered her mouth with her hands to stifle the sound.
        "It's me! GWEN!" she gave a small wave with her hand that isn't holding the gun.
        "Gwen??" Squirrel gasped.
        "I'm a police, remember?" she waved the gun and pointed to the policeman next to her who was smiling as if they were on set of an action movie instead of actually being in danger in real life.
        "But you scared me,"
        "Sorry. Let's go outside now, shall we?"
       They all agreed and walked out from their hiding place and out the backdoor. They were so glad that they were rescued by the police and they didn't meet any trouble on the way out. When they got out from the building, the scene was full of police cars and people, a mixture of gangsters and police.

        "Rabbit!" George called out.
        "Squirrel!" Danny called out  after George.
        "George?" Rabbit said in excitement at the same time when Squirrel called,  "Danny?"
        "Are you all alright?" Danny asked when they neared each other.
        "Of course we are, thanks to the police" Squirrel smiled.
        "And Gwen" Rabbit chimed in.
       "We heard that Tim and Mark wanted to revenge," Danny looked at Squirrel painstakingly and his hand grabbed on hers.
        "Yes, are you both alright?" George took a closer look at Rabbit to check for any injuries.
        "Of course we're alright, they can't do us any harm" Squirrel scoffed and gave Danny a squeeze in the hands to reassure him that she was alright.
        "Ya, we were more worried about them hurting you both since you guys did betrayed them" Rabbit said.
        "So...no more acting right?" Squirrel asked.
        "No more. Hurray! No need to be any gangster's boss again," Danny cheered with George.
        "No need to be gangsters again, yeah!" George joined the cheer,  "But, are we still friends?"
        Rabbit and Squirrel looked at each other and smiled, "Why not?"
        "Oh ya, How about Joey and Snake?" George asked. Rabbit and Squirrel were about to tell him Joey and Snake were right behind them when they turned and found the space behind them empty. They looked around and found them in the back of a police car where it was more deserted from the crowd of law enforcers and law breakers. They pointed the direction for George and Danny and they smirked when they saw Joey and Snake started making out. Rabbit and Squirrel felt embarrassed and tried to distract them by telling them that they're going back to the hotel and Danny and George insisted to tag along after they interrupted Joey and Snake's make out session to inform them about their leave.