Chapter 16

"What is George so busy about lately? I only saw him twice after his trip in Asia, one is in our meeting and another is in a restaurant, " The boss started feeling strange.
        "Don't know. He's a busy man," One of his subordinates answered him.

        Early in the morning, Rabbit simply ate some bread and made sure Squirrel promised her to be careful before leaving to George's house by a taxi.

        Rabbit looked at the surroundings of George's house before paying the taxi and got out of it with her arms crossed in front of her body as a gust of cold wind blew across the lawn. She pressed the button right beside the green-painted wooden door and waited.
        "Rabbit? What brings you to my doorstep? Or did you miss me already?," George was delighted when he saw Rabbit coming to him and started to teased her.
        Rabbit ignored his teasing and squeeze her way through the door, "Come in, I want show you something," And she walked towards the comfy sofa where she sat the last time she visited George and waited for him to come over impatiently.
        "Nice to meet you too," George said to the air sarcastically before closing the door behind him.        When he come over and sat beside her, she took out her cellphone and showed him the photos that she and Squirrel took yesterday before disposing the mystery gift --- the dead rat and the piece of paper with the threat.
        George knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "Who sent you these?"
        "I don't know, but Squirrel and I do have a theory,"
        "And?"
        "We think it' the gang, a.k.a. your gang" Rabbit looked straight into his eyes.
        "Woah, you don't think did it, do you? Because I will never do that, the paper maybe but definitely not mickey mouse, that's animal abuse!" he protested anxiously like a kid trying to tell his mother he didn't broke the vase or something.
        "I didn't said it was you," I  tried not to laugh at him and ended up tittering by myself.
        George looked at me weird, " Anyway, I doubt they mean any harm, they're probably just wanted to frighten you, you don't have to be scare,"
        I stopped laughing as a thought crossed my mind, "Is it Prascale?"
        "Could be, but she is always doing useless random stuff," George said. "We usually don't pay any attention to her, we just think she need to let off some steam in her, that's all"
        "But she thinks she's the best lady in the world," Rabbit said in annoyance to him.
        "Yes, of course she's the best lady in the whole wide world everyone ever met--"
        "What???"
        George eyed me and smirked, "Only in her imagination." 

        Squirrel's stomach was grumbling and she decided to call Gwen and invite her for breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. She told Gwen not to worry about her friend as Rabbit had arrived at the hotel safely last night.

        Squirrel was there before Gwen reached the hotel and she waved to gain Gwen's attention when she saw her looking around the restaurant. They chit-chatted about their families since Squirrel has started to miss her family.
        "Actually I had a brother." Gwen said glumly.
         "Oh, I got have too," They have found their another similarities.
        "Really?" Gwen lowered her voice, "Mine's Steve,"
        "How's your relationship with him?" But Squirrel felt guilty as soon as she finished her sentence, because the colour had drained from Gwen's face when they talked about brother and now only did she realized Gwen used the word 'had' and not 'have'. "You said had?"
        "Yeah." Gwen looked up from her food and forced a smile.
        "What happened?" Squirrel asked naturally, "If you don't mind my asking,"
        "No, it's alright." Gwen said as she started to play with the cherry tomato sitting on her plate. "He had been caught by a gang, and later, I've lost contact with him. Haven't heard from him until now."
        "When was that? " Squirrel was thinking about Joey and Snake, but she was pretty sure that she wouldn't lost contact with them.
        "About a few years ago....when we were walking home from a midnight show,"
        "And?" Squirrel listened to her carefully, and Gwen's story goes like this: