•Chapter 45•

"Do you have it?"

"I do, it's in my purse. Is this really gonna work?"

"Ofcourse it is, don't be such an idiot"

"Okay, if you're sure"

"Luke Hemmings won't know what hit him"

---

Luke, Michael and Ashton were seated in the limo doing their own businesses. They were on their way to a club appearance and today, they had to bring the 'Girlfriends'

Michael was on his phone, probably on twitter. Ashton was jamming to music with his head phones on.

The two girls however were furiously texting on their phones like there was no tomorrow.

Luke was just nervous. Today marks the day where him and Michael were supposed to publically announce that they were in relationships with Rebecca and Krista.

His hands were clammy as he kept clenching and unclenching them in a fit of nerves. It was truly a miracle how he isn't spewing his guts all over the inside of the car.

Perhaps that's what he needed at the moment. Some form of release for his nerves or maybe a vote of reassurance to calm him down, like a simple 'everything will be alright' from a voice he knew so well, uttered by a pair of lips he so desperately wanted to touch.

His fingers itched to grasp a pair of tan hands he knew so well, Calum's hands.

He wanted to touch his boyfriend so bad but he couldn't. Maybe it was selfish of him to wish for Calum and him to be happy. Maybe it was cruel of him to take away Aston and Michael's dreams for him to be happy. Maybe it was, but maybe it wasn't.

Who ever asked him how he felt or what he wanted?

He is selfish for thinking these thoughts. He is cruel for deciding to leave Michael and Ashton.

But he'll just have to live with it.

Luke took a deep breath and laced his fingers together, imagining Calum's hands holding his.

He again thought of how easy it would be if he had never met Calum, but then it would have been bland and gray.

While Luke wad having his internal battles, the car came to a slow stop as they arrived at their destination.

Ashton tapped Luke's shoulder to alert him that they were there.

"Come on, Luke. We're here"

From inside they could see camera flashes going off outside the limo. This was it.

Ashton stepped out first, followed by Michael who assisted Krista by taking her hand in his.

Luke wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and stepped out. Immediately the flashes intensified, he was momentarily blinded but still managed to help Rebecca out of the limo.

A gasps were heard as Rebecca tripped on her own feet. It was a good thing that Luke quickly caught her before she was introduced to the pavement.

"My hero" She swooned as she pecked Luke's lips, smearing some of her red lipstick on his.

Luke's gut churned at the gesture as he fought the bile that steadily rose from his throat. He tried his best to fight it for the sake of public appearances.

Afterall, it's rude to puke on your date's face at point blank while in public, especially if said public was constantly snapping photos at you abd said date.