•Chapter 35•

Luke's voice definitely woke up all of Calum's senses.

It was as if all the exhaustion left his body the moment he heard Luke's voice.

Calum was worried though. Luke sounded just as tired as he was a moment ago, if not even more. What could have possibly happened. He hoped that Luke would tell him on his own instead of having to pry or coax it out.

"How are you Luke? I missed you today" Calum thought he sounded a little clingy.

"Hey Calum. I'm okay, just tired from work and stuff. I missed you too today. I missed you so much"

Calum was a little worried because on the last part, Luke sounded like he would break down at any second.

"I'm really sorry about not calling, I didnt even answer your call when you left Australia. I so sorry, Cal"

The tone in Luke's voice was so...so heartbreaking.

"Its okay Baby. That's just the price of having such a famous and important musician for a boyfriend. Not to mention also very cute" Calum blushed a little. He hoped his words would somehow lift Luke's mood, even for just a bit.

Luke giggled for a bit and Calum almost cried in relief.

"You always know what to say, babe. I'm so lucky to have such a caring and wonderful boyfriend, smokin' hot too"

Calum laughed quietly and was followed by Luke's own laughter shortly.

"We're so cheesy" Calum giggled.

They would be fine with only these small moments, cherishing each second.

They were so in love and yet, they were too afraid to say it out loud.

"How are you really, Luke? Anything big come up?"

Calum instantly hit himself mentally for the poor choice of words because that was a legitimate innuendo.

He hopes Luke didn't notice because that would be a little awkward.

Luke awkwardly laughed on the other end and Calum wanted to just disappear.

"Well..." Luke sounded nervous.

"What is it?" Calum put his little mishap behind him for the time being.

"I've got something  to tell you, Its been very difficult"

It was Calum's turn to get nervous.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Calum didnt even recognise his own voice from how weak it sounded.

"NO! I would never, I-I mean, Its just that...ugh. For a vocalist, I'm really terrible at talking.. There's just this thing right now and its put so much stress on the band"

The exhaustion was more evident in Luke's voice and Calum's concerned instincts were nagging at him.

"I'm sorry, Luke. Why don't you start from the beginning, yeah?"

Luke managed to calm down. Calum always had this effect on him that seemed to wash away all of his stress.

"Well, our american tour  got cancelled and now, we're supposed to tour Europe as an opening act"

Calum got curious as to who this particular was. He or she was probably a very big deal to have 5 Seconds of Summer as only an opening act.

"Who are you opening for?"

Calum heard Luke take a deep breath.

"We're opening for One Direction"

For a minute, Calum's mind was at a loss. One Direction equals Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne and Niall Horan.

One Direction?

Harry?

Louis?

Larry?

Larry.

"Oh my god"

"I know"

"Oh My God!"

"I Know!"

"LUKE, OH MY GOD!!"

"I KNOW, CAL!!'

A knock on Calum's door interrupted his fanboy meltdown.

"Calum? Are you decent? Whats going on in there?" Mali's voice resonated from the other side.

"I'm on the phone with someone!"

"Is that someone a friend? because if your dialing those sex hotli-"

Calum felt his face heat up.

"Good god, woman. I'm on the phone with my boyfriend!!"

Silence.

"Oh. Sorry for interrupting"

To say that it was awkward was an understatement. In fact Calum wanted to laugh because it really was hilarious, if it wasn't for the fact that he was on the phone with Luke and that it really was very awkward.

---

Luke heard the exchange Calum had with his sister and felt a little more guilty.

Calum sounded really happy, and Luke hated himself even more for ruining his day.

"Sorry baby, my sister was being annoying" Calum laughed.

Every little thing that Calum does out of happiness seemed to plunge an iron spike through his heart.

It hurts. It really hurts.

"Its alright, Babe. But there's also something else"

---

"What is it?" Luke went back to his heartbroken tone and it worried Calum to no end.

"Its really hard to say"

"Luke, you can tell me anything"

"Calum, I-I"

Calum's heart went a mile a minute. His senses were on overdrive and his mind was a mess.

"Calum, I have a girlfriend and I am completely in love with you"

----

*Appears from a shroud of black mist*

Heyooo

So my mind is in a terrible place and not a lot of things can cheer me up like it used to.

Oh well, I just hope this passes.

Good friends we've had
Oh Good friends we've lost
Aloooong the way~

In this bright future
you cant forget your past
So dry your tears and say~~
No Woman No Cry

-Bob Marley

Yeah, that was random, Like I said, my mind is in a terrible place with terrible thoughts.

*Gets engulfed in Black fire and disappears*