•Chapter 34•

Calum stared at his phone while Clarice slept soundly beside him. In a few hours they were going to reach L.A.

He hasn't had a wink of sleep since they boarded the plane.

He'd been staring at a particular picture on his phone. He was supposed to be tired but staring at the picture gave him strength and excitement.

It was a picture of a sleeping Luke cradled in blankets, mouth slightly open and hair flat on his forehead.

Calum had woken up earlier one day and saw his boyfriend looking like a sleeping angel.

He probably was from all the fans that admire the band, the fans that never cease to support and defend the boys.

Calum may not be a part of the band but he was as every bit as grateful as Luke, Michael and Ashton.

He just hopes that someday, they will accept the relationship he has with Luke.

Calum was interrupted by Clarice's light snore. Poor girl must have been exhausted.

A few hours later, the plane landed on the airport runways and made their way to get their luggage and went home.

---

"I still cant believe that he didn't even bother to call" Clarice said as they were waiting for Glenda to pick them up.

"Maybe he's busy. He's a pop star, Clar. Maybe they're making a new song or something" Calum answered but by the tone of his voice, he sounded like he was reassuring himself more than his bestfriend.

Clarice watched as Calum checked his phone for anything, A new message, a call, an email, just anything to reassure himself.

She gave him a pat on the shoulder. It may not be much but it always helps and judging by the grateful smile Calum had, it certainly did.

A few moments later, Glenda's car appeared and the woman came out, dressed in what a typical lawyer should wear.

She went closer, but suddenly stopped.

She raised an eyebrow and was eyeing the silver ring on Calum's finger.

"Calum, did you get married on this little vacation?" She asked in a dead serious voice. It would have been hilarious if she was actually joking.

Calum's face took on a red hue as he stuttered to find his words to deny the accusation.

Clarice however, instantly cracked up at her mother's expression and Calum's helplessness. She eventually calmed down and explained the situation to her mother.

"I'm so sorry, Cal. I just assumed" Glenda apologised.

"Its all good" Calum smiled.

They soon loaded their bags and themselves in Glenda's car, Clarice got shotgun, and went their way.

Glenda noticed Calum's silence and suddenly her motherly instincts kicked in.

"That is a nice looking ring by the way. Why don't you tell me all about your vacation over some food? My treat"

Calum seemed to brighten up at the mention of the silver band on his finger and Glenda gave herself a pat on the shoulder for doing a good job.

---

A trip to Maccas, Starbucks and Panda Express later and everyone has a full stomach. Suddenly, all the exhaustion from the trip finally caught up to Calum.

Clarice volunteered to drive Calum home since Glenda still had work.

They dropped Glenda off to her job and before they knew it, it was already getting dark.

---

"Thanks for dropping me off Clar. Give my regards to your mom, I think I wont be able to eat another bite for a long time" Calum laughed as he made his way toward his front door.

"Oh shut it, Cal. We're always happy to stuff you up. Are you going to be okay on your own?" Clarice has a concerned look in her eyes but it was cleverly hidden.

"Yeah, I'll be okay" he smiled.

They gave each other a hug before Clarice made her way home.

Calum's body seemed to ache for his bed and for something else he could not name.

However,He did not expect his sister to open the door before he could.

"Hello, Calum. Where have you been?" Mali raised an eyebrow and blocked the doorway, expecting her brother to answer her question before he was granted passage into the house.

"Out" Calum replied rather harshly.

Mali seemed to take his answer and moved out of the way while giving Calum a concerned look.

"Dinner will be up in a few minutes"

"I'm not hungry" Calum replied, voice hard.

Mali seemed to sense that she was not wanted and decided to give up on making a conversation.

Calum made his way to his room with his bags and plopped down on his bed.

But before sleep could claim him, his phone vibrated in his pocket.

He took it out sluggishly, but all his senses came alive at the name of the caller.

"Hey" The voice on the other line sounded tired and as exhausted as Calum was.

"Luke"

----

*Bursts from the ground with a fountain of water*

Miss me?

no?

okay. .*cries in a corner*

*slaps self and puts on a smile*

Thanks for voting and commenting on this fic guys :)

There have been a lot of things going on like School, Funerals, Babies and Cake. Yes. Cake

So sorry for not updating. I hope updates will be more frequent now.

Have you guys noticed that there is an obscene amount of Lashton fics on wattpad? as a Cake shipper that makes me sad, but I wont instigate a ship war here, Im just sad that there are so few good Cake fics :(

Also, Can I please marry Minho fro. the Maze Runner trilogy?? just kidding xD

For a moment this Chapter was gone, good thing wattpad didnt pull anything. It came back and is now here. *diabolic laughter*

So eneway, thanks for voting, commenting and all that stuff.

Love y'all *wink wink*u

*Makes complicated hand gesture and gets whisked away by a blue Phoenix*