•Chapter 36•

"Calum, I have a girlfriend and I am completely in love with you"

For a minute Calum couldn't breath. He didnt know how to process the information. Different emotions were swirling in him at high frequencies, but there was one emotion that stood out above the rest.

Jealousy

Calum took a deep and calm breath.

"Explain. Now" The tone in Calum's voice didn't leave room for anything else.

Luke on the other hand was a little scared and admittedly, a little turned on.

Luke took a deep breath.

"It our label's vice CEO's doing. He said that me having a boyfriend would make the band look bad and also the record lable"

"I don't even like her and she almost kissed me on our date today. I had no choice. I felt like a lot of pressure was put on to me in just a split second. I don't even remember agreeing but I swear I really don't like her"

Calum didn't know what to say. He felt sorry for Luke because of his predicament but then again, he felt like he was the reason for his boyfriend's current hardship.

"you promise?" Calum sounded so small, so desperate.

"Calum, I love you"

Calum didn't like this. Calum didn't like feeling so helpless and useless. He wanted to set things right without loosing his boyfriend.

"Calum? Please say something"

Calum realised that he had been quiet for a minute. Luke must be worried now. He just confessed his love and here Calum was, not even returning the favor.

He really didn't like this. He wanted the first time that he says he loves Luke to be special and then this happened.

"Luke, I don't like this.. "

Luke wanted to cry. Maybe he already will because there was a sudden lump in his throat. He didn't want to loose his Calum, as cheesy as that sounded, but to him it looks like he really will.

"I-I'm s-sorry , Calum. I-didn't -"

"Luke"

"It just- I'm sorry. I-I didn't think-"

"Babe listen"

"I don't know I-I"

"Luke Robert Hemmings!"

"I-I'm sorry Calum"

"Babe, shut up. I love you too!"

That seemed to get Luke's attention because he just stopped.

To say that Luke was happy was an understatement. But being the awkward teenager that he was, something had to go wrong.

"What?" it came out like a dying horse's last breath of air.

Luke physically cringed while his cheeks flared at how unattractive he sounded. Calum's giggles were not helping him.

"I just don't like this, Luke. I don't want you to give up your dreams just because of me but I also don't want to loose you because... because I love you"

Both boys were blushing now. Calum for speaking from the deepest part of his heart and Luke from hearing such beautiful words.

"Calum, I-I... "

Silence followed like an unspoken promise. It was just like their old phone calls, no words were uttered because each other's presence was enough. The only difference now was that they had a very big problem.