Family Time

✤✤✤Author's POV✤✤✤

After enough daydreaming about Riyansh when her mischievous eyes landed on the red diary kept on her bed. She realised that she was distracted and she needed to come back to reality.

"Oh How can I be so stupid? I forgot I have to write in my diary." She exclaimed and face palmed herself.

Then she sat on her bed and took her diary in her hands with a blue pen. She sat against the headboard having her knees bent to support her diary. She opened her diary and crawled her fingers above its pages filling the fresh crisp of the pages on her fingertips. And then an adorable smile landed on her lips, "I love the pages of a new diary." She uttered to herself.

On the first page she wrote her name with delicacy and precision controlling her breaths and hand movements like she was defusing a bomb, one wrong wire and everything gonna be ruined. Then she opened the next page of her diary and started writing.

◑☆◑ START OF ARYA’S DIARY ◑☆◑

"Dear Diary,

To tell you the truth I am just writing to you because my old therapist aunty told me to do so. Now I think when I have made a decision that I want to get freedom from my fears. So I should really prepare myself for that and get rid of Self-Harm too. Therefore, I decided to take Professional Help.

I know it's not gonna be easy. Perhaps I will fail many times. I failed in Childhood too. But this time I am not gonna lose, I am not gonna admit defeat. Because I have both my Mum and Dad and also my Guardian Angel supporting me.

Though, I didn't tell it to Riyansh Sir. Oh! I mean Riyu. Isn't Riyu a cute name but cringy as well? Hehe! Few days ago, I went to meet Mum and Dad and even forgot to tell it to Riyu. He was so angry about it. And I know it's not his fault. It's my fault, I scared him into thinking that I had done something wrong to myself. I am surely a stupid.

But after so much of back and forth. Things have gotten fixed. And I have learnt my lesson to not worry those people who are concerned about me.

After I went to tell Riyu my secret, I felt there was someone else who needed to know the truth.

And they were my parents. I never told them anything because I felt if I did I would burden them. I didn't want to cause them sorrow, so I made my heart a treasure chest filled with nothing but gloom. It was difficult for me to live with them. Because I felt I would not be able to hide everything from them for forever. Therefore I did what I thought was right and I distanced them from myself.

And now, when I think about it. It seems stupid to me. I should have told them everything but I never had the courage to do so. My lips panicked and tongue froze at the thought of telling them everything. I was even worried what if I lose them too just because I was a depressed kid back then. What if they abandon me. Questions like these didn't let me say the truth to them.

I had never told them, but to be honest I had loved them way more than they can assume. That's why I didn't want to lose them. I didn't want them to spend more money just on my treatment even though there was no lack of money ever but I was already under the debt of their immense love.

I always thought who would like to have a kid who was dead inside? I always feared they don't deserve me. They deserved far much better than me. I hated myself because I wasn't a perfect child. I was just an emotional burden. I was very insecure. And that's why, finally I decided to let go of my insecurities and talk to my parents.

When I went to my house and see Mum and Dad. My eyes prickled with tears. Warm tears of happiness mingling with tears of a hidden misery and nostalgia. My heart calling for Mum and Dad.