Guardian Angel 2.0

✤✤✤Arya’s POV✤✤✤

I am washing the dishes and Riyansh is playing with Mriu.

Their laughter and noises are surely coming to my ears but not going inside my head. Something is already reeling inside my head since the morning.

I am trying to shake these memories and not think about them anymore but can't seem to do it. I don't know what should I feel about them. They make me feel puzzled, various kind of emotions run through me. I feel awe, shock, fear and a little bit of ache pulsing in my heart.

My eyes are stuck to the plate in my hand. I circle the washing sponge on it and the sponge produces white foamy bubbles, I stare at those foamy bubbles mindlessly like they are infinity and can't seem to focus.

These conflicting thoughts have occupied my head.

Suddenly, Riyu comes and his arms travels around my waist from behind and he kisses on the nape of my neck, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I smile feeling his soft little peck.

"So, what is going inside the head of my little lioness?" He whispers in my ear like he has read my thoughts without telling me.

"Umm... Nothing" I refuse casually, not wanting to burden him with my problems.

He comes and leans on the side of the counter and brushes the veil of hair obstructing my vision away from my eyes while his eyes notices my every movement cleverly, like he is trying to decipher what's written on my face and what I am hiding behind my expressions.

"I know something is going inside your head which is disturbing you, Little lioness. So, tell me." He demands, concern laden in his tone.

I keep focussing on the utensils and doesn't care. I am still considering to not worry him.

"Where is Mriu?" I ask, trying to divert his attention.

"She is watching spider man. And after that she will call handsome hunk a.k.a "Dad" as usual to hear stories from  him. Then like everyday she will talk to her buas.(Aunties from Father side). So, her schedule is gonna be busy." He replies and takes away the plates from my hand.

"Let me help you washing the utensils. That way I can help you and you can tell me what is bothering you as well." He says helping me and looking deep into my eyes. Hiding something from him is too hard.

"You are stubborn, Aren't you?" I give him a pleasant smile, falling for his caring nature for me.

"And you are secretive, Aren't you?" He retorts while nudging me with his shoulder.

"Now would you tell me what happened or not?" He asks with a narrowed glance.

I felt my heart getting heavy. But he is right I have to share it with him otherwise this thing will keep bothering me.

"It happened when you dropped me at Guardian Angel ( Name of Her NGO)." I say as I start rubbing a glass with the foamy sponge.

"Yup, And?" He questions curiously.

"And, Yukti came rushing to me in panic."

"Oh! One of your best friend." He added.

"Yes, that Yukti. She was panicking and was panting heavily. Her face was pale white. I wondered what the hell had happened to her?

Her eyes were widened like saucers and fear was evident from her eyes. It was as if as she had seen a ghost. She was trying to tell me everything while panting not even taking a break to breath" I continue.