Only Memory

Arya's POV

I was sitting on a bench, without any thought, any worries and any fear just an empty mind and not moving at all. Everything was seeming foggy. I couldn’t see anything, though my eyes were opened. There was just an unknown peace, a comforting peace and a soulful peace.

One and only thing I could feel was the thumping of my heart beats. Thump, thump and thump against my chest. And out of a sudden, I didn’t realise when two hands came over and covered my eyes, the fingers brushing against my eyes softly.

I gently touched the hands with the tender fingers but I couldn’t recognize who it was? And that was moment when the person came closer to my ear. His warm breaths were brushing against my ears softly. “Don’t you recognize me?” The person asked me in a soft, slightly warm and a quivery whisper.

“No, I don’t.” I replied taking a low breath.

“I am your guardian angel and you are special to me.” He said teasingly and bit my ear. And before I could understand anything I woke up with a jolt on my bed with racing heartbeats, and heavy breaths. I couldn’t control my heart. My whole body was feeling anxious with warm jitters. I was feeling a weird feeling, a persistent alienated feeling blooming in my heart like branches of an old tree.

It had been 5 days since we were back from the trip. And since those 5 days I had been dreaming about Riyansh Sir. I felt embarrassed whenever I dreamt of him. I didn’t want these dreams anymore.

So, I tried to not sleep but as soon as closed my eyes I started remembering the time I hugged him, his smile, his words, his face, his everything. If felt like he was the only thing I remembered, he was the only thing I knew and he was the only memory that was left in me.

I couldn’t think about anything else but him. He became that song to me whose lyrics I didn’t know but which was still stuck to my mind. I kicked my pillow in frustration that I could not get him out of my head.

Then I got up and I was going to the bathroom when I noticed my reflection in the mirror. And my feet took me to the mirror. I saw myself but I was looking different, I was the same as ever nothing had changed still I could see a difference in me. I was unable to point out what the difference was but it was there. I tried to find the difference but I could not. So, I jut went to the bathroom for getting ready for the college.

Whole day, I felt a weird anxiety in me. I just wanted all the periods to end soon and last period to come soon. I didn’t know why I wanted it? But somehow my heart was saying that all this weird anxiety would be over as soon as last period arrives. I looked at my wrist watch. And it was few seconds for last period to come.

And my heart was suddenly striking fast. Last period came, and with the arrival of last period, Riyansh Sir also arrived. His every step in the classroom was making my heart to beat more faster than it was. I felt my cheeks burning up. I quickly lowered my head. So, no one could see me like that. But, my eyes didn’t listen to me and started peeking at him from below.

Firstly, my eyes went to his chest. And I remembered how he wrapped his arms around me and kept me closer to his chest. Then to his neck, And I remembered his sweet scent when I buried my head in his neck. Then to his lips and my eyes stayed there for a moment as I gulped my breath down. Then, to his nose  and then to his eyes and I felt like I lost myself in his eyes.

It was first time when I was staring at someone eyes like that. I might look creepy but I didn’t care at that moment. I didn’t want to care at that moment. It felt like I was seeing his eyes for the first time. They were holding immense beauty, they were more beautiful than the stars filled sky I saw with him. And more beautiful than any other scenery I had ever witnessed because his eyes contained a divine soulfulness.