Waiting for Her

✤✤✤Author's POV✤✤✤

The sun has started drowning in the sky after getting tired from the world, spilling its beautiful crimson orange ink in the sky. Riyansh is waiting for her to come home from 1 hour.

And now, a few stars have started shining amidst the shades of crimson orange, dark blue and light black sky, like glittery stones adorned on a multicoloured fabric . Birds are mapping the sky, enjoying this scenic view.

"She is late today. I wonder where is she?" He mumbles to himself staring at the clock.

He sits on a chair and rests his hand under his chin glancing at the door.

"I am not worried about her. But I just miss her a little bit because she is always home by this time." He explains to himself convincing him that he is not missing her.

"Should I go and check? Nah! She is not a child. She can take care of herself." He sighs and has his lips in a worried pout clicking his fingers against the table laying his gaze carelessly on the door, anticipating her to come at any minute.

But, suddenly his brain says," She must not be a child, Riyansh but she is your baby. You have the right to go and look for your baby." He smiles to himself thinking that.

He gets up and starts walking towards the door but then suddenly the other part of his brain argues," She must be your baby. But that doesn't mean you will follow her everywhere. She has her own life. She has her own NGO and having an NGO means loads of responsibilities. So, hold your horses and sit down where you were sitting." His head hangs low in defeat from himself and he starts going towards his chair feeling hopeless.

He is midway to his place when the front door creaks and opens and she appears just on the right time. He immediately turns back and grins in pleasure seeing her, He is rejoiced seeing her. He goes to her quickly and hugs her tightly in his arms.

"I was waiting for you." He confesses in her ear.

She is hiding roses behind her back to surprise him. But before she can surprise him. He sees her roses.

"Oh, Those roses are gorgeous. Whom are they for?" He questions.

To this she jokes,"Obviously, for my secret boyfriend."

He narrows his eyes and asks, "And who is this secret boyfriend?"

"You wanna know?" She blinks her eyes at him.

"Yes, I want to know." He commands.

"Well, you have to come closer to me to know that" She gestures him to come close with a flirty smirk. Though she is already in his arms.

He brings his face near to her. The closeness was enough to make him smell her peach scented, transparent lip balm mixing into his breaths as he inhales.

She brings her lips near his ears and whispers, "Well, my secret boyfriend is secret. Then how can I tell you?" She slides her finger on his shoulder teasing him.

And he rolls his eyes. "I am gonna thrash your secret boyfriend in secret and you won't even know."  He warns her in annoyance.

She chortles hearing his response.

She forwards the flower in his direction and says," May these flowers have the honour to be accepted by you, my not so secret and lovely hubby?" All his anger fades away like vapour in the air hearing her words and he blushes a bit and takes the flowers from her. Whenever she gives him flowers he always feels special.

As soon as he takes the flower from her hands she inhales a sigh of relief and murmurs to herself ,"Oh my god, I have to do so much for my secret boyfriend, I have to even give flowers to my husband, So he doesn't harm him."