Shattered Shadow

Arya's POV

I was looking into his eyes when I realized what a big mistake I had done. As soon, as realisation struck me. I was filled with enormous guilt. I was feeling like a sinner. I could not forgive myself. I couldn’t look into his eyes. I was unable to control my tears.

I felt shattered and hurt. When he called out my name I just wanted to run far away from him as far as possible. So, I just gathered my things and ran away while he didn’t even move an inch from his place.

I think he was feeling guilty as well. But, it wasn’t his mistake. It was all mine. I was the one to blame. I just ran and ran. I wanted to ran away from everything even from myself.

It was 5th times in a single day when I got saved from getting into an accident. But, I wished I was died. I reached my home. Hopefully, no one was there to notice. I escaped to my room quickly. And with shivering hands I opened the door.

Front of me was my room. My room was as dark as my life became. I went into my dark room so, that I could be consumed by its darkness. I had just kissed my professor. This thing was eating me from inside. How could I do that with him? He was such an innocent person. He would be hating me.

I couldn’t control my tears or my quivering heart. I placed my hand on my mouth so no one could hear my screams. And then, I sobbed. I sobbed so hard that some of the times I was unable to breath. I was coughing wildly. Even, my eyes were hurting but I didn’t stop. It was then, when I saw the mirror of my room.

I could make out my dark shadow in the mirror. The shadow was as dark as the deed I had done today. I became furious, extremely furious on myself that I got up and with my bare hand and  panting heavily, I just shattered the mirror. But, still in the pieces of that broken mirror I could see my dark shadow.

As if it was taunting me. Taunting me for who I was and what I did? I cried the whole night. And I didn’t even remember when I dozed off to slumber.

I woke up rubbing my eyes when my alarm started yelling at me. I was lying on the floor surrounded by the broken pieces of the mirror. The floor had my dried blood over it which came out of the wound that I had when I broke the mirror.

The wound was still hurting but I let it be. Because I was angry on myself. I didn’t want to go to college but I had to. Because, I knew I couldn’t avoid professor my whole life. One day, I had to face him. So, it was not worthy to hide from him now.

With my heavy heart. I got ready for my college. The wound had no blood now, but it was still untreated. As I have said earlier it was my punishment.

As I reached to college I didn’t look at anyone. Because I was ashamed of myself and whole day I didn’t even look out of the window. I just lowered my gaze because I was not courageous enough to lift my gaze.

It was the time of the last class. He would soon be in class. And just after a few minutes he was in the class. With shame, I tried to look at him and he was looking at me. And I felt so embarrassed that I just wanted to vanish from that spot. I tried to hide myself by sinking my head as low as possible.

He didn’t utter anything and moved his gaze from me, still my heart was racing too much. As, I felt something was wrong. The silence in the class felt like the silence before a big storm arrives. And just after a few minutes he broke the silence.

“Miss. Arya meet me after the class. I want to discuss something important with you regarding your behaviour.” He said in a very formal tone.

“Regarding my behaviour” I knew which behaviour he was talking about and his words pierced my heart smoothly like a sword slashes foam.