Days Without Him

Arya's POV

Arya's POV

The whole day after the incident I was worried that I hurt him. I could feel an stabbing ache in my heart wondering how sad he would be? I couldn’t sleep at the night because of it. It was like my mind had put that scene on a video recorder and showing me continuously to torture me, whenever I remembered his upset face it jewelled my eyes with wet pearls.

I was determined that I would apologize to him the next day for my mistake. And with that thought I went to the college. Whole day was moving like centuries passing. I waited for him like he was the moon of Eid for me. And as the bell for last period rung. My anticipation to see him risen like the waves in sea do during a thunder storm.

My eyes were longing to see him. So that I could apologize for hurting him but all my anticipation were flooded in the sea strom like a sand castle upon hearing he was on leave. I had never felt such disappointment ever in my life. I banged my head on the front table in frustration but lightly.

The whole day I waited for him but he didn’t come.

“Was it because of me?” I asked from myself. And even before I conclude it made me angry on myself. My mind was taunting me for the deed I did. Only, one question was repeating itself in mind which was, “Why did I hurt him? I should not have done that.”

But I told myself that the next day I would say sorry to him for sure. I was ready to say sorry to him for 100 times no... no I was ready to say sorry to him for 1000 times if I had hurt him. But, all I wanted the most was to see him. Not seeing him for even once in a day, not hearing his voice and not looking at his smile made me felt like I had eaten tasteless food. It can surely quench my hunger but cannot make me happy.

My day felt incomplete and unusual without him. Everything seemed dead to me without him. I saw the world but it turned black and white to me. I wondered when did he became such an important part of my life that nothing was beautiful anymore, nothing was interesting and nothing was of my use.

Next two days same thing happened with me, I waited for him but he didn’t come. I felt utterly miserable. All the days, he didn’t come I felt my heart lost its each piece and I felt everything turned meaningless as I was looking at the place where he used to stand. Tears were stinging in my eyes, threatening me to come out of them and embarrass me in front of everyone.

The college ended and I went to my usual place. The old place where I used to dance alone. Actually, Dance was a medium, I used to release my anger as dancing needs energy. That was why I used to dance. Today, I danced on a melancholy song whose lyrics were talking about Meera's immense love for Lord Krishna.

And the despair sung in the song because of not seeing Lord Krishna matched with the despair building inside me. And I didn’t know when I fell while dancing, I didn’t even know how? But I just fell and the pricking tears in my eyes came out glistening on my cheeks. I could see only one image in my mind and that was of Riyansh Sir. I missed him a little bit to be honest.