Drowsy Trip

Author's POV

Riyansh became knight in shining armour for Arya. Her fears were his own now. Her happiness was his ultimate target. He just wanted to see a smile on her, a happy smile. That was why he was trying his best to make her strong enough so that she could face her fears.

He used to teach her the ways to gain self-confidence. He used to give her special assignments. He asked her to try and speak in front of a mirror. He asked her to prepare any topic and research on it by herself which would expand her border of knowledge.

One day he brought a huge pile of books. And kept them in front of her. Looking at the huge pile of books she got confused, “What is with all these books?” she questioned raising eyebrows at him.

He showed a devilish smile. And said, “Choose whatever genre you want. I bring all these books for you. If you would read them. You will feel insightful. And you know what, Books are the key helps us escaping the cage of reality.”

She gulped down seeing all those books in the front of her. “You brought this mountain of books for me?” she enquired.

“Well, I have issued all of them from library. So, you can read them and return them before the date, Okay. Now choose whatever genre you want. I will read the rest of the books.” He said knocking on her head, lightly.

“You will read rest of the books all by yourself. What are you? A human or a book demon.” She stated to him shockingly.

He rolled his eyes in a bit of annoyance at her. Then she choose five books out of all those books. They all were about poetry.

“Ah! Good choice, Arya.” I am surprised to see you are interested in poetry. You dance as well and you are choosing poetry. You are all about art. Aren’t you? ” He said jokingly.

But she gave him her poker face. Showing how annoyed she was? So, he picked all other books and started to leave.”

“Wait a minute,” she called him. And he stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

“Let me help you carrying all these books.” She said and went to him.

He smiled brightly and gave half of her books. And then they both carried the books.

And like this Professor Riyansh was doing all he could as a teacher and a guide to make her freed from her fears.

....

This day was nice. It was just the first period which was about to come to an end. And like always, Arya's eyes weren’t out of window. But this time, they were focussed on the professor.

Professor looked at his wrist watch. And then stopped teaching. He announced, “Students, There are 10 minutes left in the period to get over. So, I must tell you all, a very important information. I didn’t tell you at the start of the period So, you won’t get too much excited. Well, The information is that we are going on a trip.”

As soon as he said it. The whole classroom filled with happy squeals. A wave of joy ran among all the students.

“Well, Class keep quiet. Don’t forget your manners. And inform me tomorrow how many of you are joining the trip?” He commanded and soon the bell rang.

“College trip,” Arya sighed and lost herself in her thoughts.

Days passed like smoke in the air does. And the day of the trip came.

Arya's POV

I was sitting in the backseat of the bus going for the trip. Music was blazing loudly from the speakers. And all my other class mates were dancing like school kids. Even the professors were looking like kids.