Countdown

Drew and Rudy let themselves in with a spare key as the two girls finish getting ready in their rooms. Forrest sits on her bed sliding her high heels on. Maddie spritzing herself with a bottle of expensive perfume. Drew barges into Forrests room with out knocking. Smiling when he sees the gorgeous girl stood in front of him.
"You look... amazing." He compliments as she blushes.
"As do you." She chirps back to the boy who's dressed in black jeans and a buttoned down short sleeve green shirt. He looked amazing, like always.

The group soon arrived at the event and was getting into the swing of throngs as they downed a few shots and drank their drinks. Forrest made her way around the crowd saying hi to everyone. Then getting back to her boyfriend to dance a little. The party was going amazing, but unlike the secluded area that Forrest rented out for Halloween this was an open invitation. Paris rented out a whole club with a bar and bar men.

Hours pass and Forrest gets up from her seat at the table with her friends.
"I'll get the shots!!" Forrest cheers to the seven people at the table as she jumps up and runs off to the bar. She orders the shots and takes a seat at the bar. There is two boys sorted next to her, both highly interested in the pretty little girl. Forrest had never seen either of them around before, but it was open invitation they probably knew someone here.
"Hey, what's your name?" One asks her
"Im Forrest, who are you?" She asks the two.
"Richie!" One says with a smile
"Tanner." The other nods at her.
Richies slides a shot over to her as the two of them hold shots in front of them.
"Oh I don't know, I'm already buying shots for my friends and I?!" She says
"Oh come one, out friend is in the toilet and we are bored waiting." Tanner begs.
"Alright!" She says holding up the glass to clink with theirs.
"3...2...1!" They count and throw back the shots.
The bar man then slides the tray of eight shots to the girl. She hands him the money with a large tip.
"Well boys I best be getting off!" She says waving the two boys off as she trails away.

Forrest Carey's the tray up the set of steps and across the dance floor. Suddenly the girl gets a really strong pain in her head. The table is in sight and she tries to speed up, each step making her more dizzy. She arrives at the table and places the tray down quick. The friends look up at the girl noticing somethings wrong.
"Forrest, you alright?" Drew asks from the edge seat as the girl clutches onto the side of the table. Her head down as she tries to gain balance, nothing works. A soaring pain rushes through the girl. She looks back up, suddenly her eyes start to close. He takes a step back and Drew hops up from his seat. The girl fumbles back as he catches her, suddenly she falls limp in his arms, the girl completely unconscious.
The boy starts shouting for help. His friends jump up from their spots around the table. Drew picks Forrest up into his arms, bridal style. A tear slipping from him as worry rushes through him, what could have possibly happened to her.
"HELP!!" Madelyn screams out.
Austin's hands rush to his pockets reaching for his phone. He picks it up calling the usual emergency number.
The pool of dancing adults move back as they hear the shouts and see the scene ahead. Suddenly Paris and Tom run forward to the group.
"What happened!?" Tom questions panicked.
"We don't know!" Drew shouts.
He pushes his way through the crowd trying to get outside to fresh air. The friends follow. Austin stays on the phone to the operator, even after they confirmed an ambulance is on its way.

Drew drops to his knees, resting the girl on his lap and the ground. He holds her head tightly in his arms as he begs her unconscious body to wake up. More tears spill from his eyes. Madelyn and JD are now both on the floor with him. Him holding the girls wrist trying to find a pulse. Her with her hand on the girls chest making sure she's breathing. The two relax a little when they realize the girl seems stable, at least for now.

The group bounce around with panic as the ambulance arrives. The girl placed onto the stretcher and into the back of the big truck. Drew hops in the ambulance with her, not letting her hand go for a second. The group stands there in shock as the flashing lights take off up the road. The group knew there wasn't much point in them going to the hospital knowing it was nearly midnight and they wouldn't let them in. But that didn't mean they were staying at the party. Paris and Tom went back inside after asking for updates on the girl. JD, Austin, Chase, Maddison, Madelyn and Rudy all went back to Maddison and Forrests apartment. The group all waited around the tv, hoping a phone call came in any second saying their best friend was good.

The girl is taken away from Drew. Her body still lays still as the doctors work quickly to try see what happened to her. They soon realize the girl had been spiked, with a very strong drug. The girls stomach was going to have to be pumped, luckily she was asleep, otherwise it was going to be agonizing.

The procedure went well and they got all the toxins out of the girls system. She was then left in a private room with Drew until she woke up. The small tv up the top corner plays. Drew realizes it's 11:58 and switches the channel to the count down. He counts down by himself, holding the hand of the woman he was so dearly in love with.
"4...3...2...1." He whispers
"Happy new year." A weak whisper is heard from beside him. His heart picks up speed like a race kart. "Happy new year!" He whispers to her wiping her hair from her face and kissing her.
"Sorry." She cry's after the kiss.
"Don't, just don't." He says, not wanting the girl to feel any sort of guilt.
They both just smile at each other.