Alternate Universe Pt.4

"what do you want?" jinghua sighed out, clearly irritated by the male's presence alone. she had just gone through a day with seeing him first thing in the morning for her live stage and then had thought about him on her way to her fan sign event, the last thing she wanted to physically talk to him when all she wanted to do was to sleep her worries away. "why are you even here?"

"you wouldn't answer my texts," jaehyun remarked to the chinese female who rolled her eyes in response to his remark, giving the male a deadpanned expression as she held the door in its place to prevent him from entering her apartment.

"that was intentional - in fact, me ignoring you is intentional," she tells him with a glare, wanting to snap his presence away from her apartment and going on with her night. "what part of 'i don't want to talk to you' do you not get?" she raised an eyebrow to the man.

"look, i just want to talk-" before the male could continue his sentence, jinghua cuts him off with a sharp glare, her voice turning cold as she spoke.

"talk about what? how you cheated on me? no thanks," she snarled, moving behind her door to shut him out when jaehyun pressed a hand onto the door, preventing her from closing it with his strength.

"can we just talk?" he pleads the female who shook her head, giving up on shutting the door on him as she stands at her door with a tired expression. "i miss you...and our relationship," he gently tells her, a hand reaching out to hold hers when she dodged the action, leaning against her door as she sighed.

"look - jaehyun, i'm really tired. can you...just leave me alone?" jinghua pleads him with a tired voice, not wanting to be around his presence any longer than she already had been. "i have a busy schedule tomorrow and don't want my fans constantly asking if i'm tired. so please - just go home."

sensing the female had no energy in her to have a full conversation with him, as well as knowing how much pain he had caused her - jaehyun reluctantly agrees and walks away from her door after wishing her goodnight. as he walks away from her apartment door, he looks back at the girl with sad eyes, the feeling of guilt pooling in his stomach as he sighed and left her apartment complex, finding his way home.

jinghua sighed as she closes the door, tears brimming her eyes as she approached her couch and flopped onto it, clutching onto one of the couch pillows and crying into it. despite the pain, jaehyun had put her through during their relationship in high school and just after graduation, the female still had feelings for him yet refused to admit to it - not wanting to recall the arguments and the night the two broke up.

flashback

it was a late night and jaehyun promised jinghua they would go out on a date because they had the time, until he cancelled last minute on her. sighing, jinghua sat on her couch, scrolling through her instagram feed when she received a message from her best friend yuna otherwise known as yuju of gfriend. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, typing out a response to yuju after the female asked about her and jaehyun date that was supposed to happen before he cancelled. the response she got back had caused jinghua's heart to drop to her stomach, the feeling of betray, hurt and anger surfacing as her eyes filled with tears.

yuna gfriend <3
* insert image of jaehyun and rosé kissing *
i'm so sorry jiae :((
want me to come over?

end of flashback

that night, jinghua recalled yuju coming over to her apartment with a tub of ice cream for them to share and stayed the night with her as tzuyu came over as well after hearing the news from yuju - the three girls having a sleepover that slightly cheered jinghua up from the situation. the following day after that night, jinghua reluctantly told her members since they were highly worried by her sluggish movements and quiet nature during practice.

"i hate that i still love you..." jinghua mumbled to herself, hugging the pillow she held as she sat crisscross on the couch - the only source of light being from the television screen that played a random tv show for her mindless viewing.

NOTE ! no hate to rosé,, she is a beautiful and talented woman. it's just for story purposes :D