I-LAND episode four

the day for the performance for the teamwork mission arrived in due time. jinghua sat in her usual spot among the producers and directors, dressed in a white loose blouse that was tucked into a pair of dark jeans and a pair of heeled boots - her hair flowed behind her in soft waves and her hands decorated with various gold rings. the i-landers had finished performing their stage and sadly, the producers were not satisfied with their stage, however, jinghua was slightly happy to know the grounders were given a chance to enter i-land.

"wah~" from beside her, mayse gasped, covering her mouth as the ground trainees stepped onto the stage with fierce gazes, getting into position for the performance. "they really took your advice!" the nct member laughed, glancing over to rain who smiled proudly at the grounders' performance, providing context to the other producers and directors on what mayse meant. "wah~ they're doing so much better than last time," the now redhead pointed at the screen with the pen she held.

jinghua lightly gasped, tilting her head to the side with an impressed smile plastered onto her face, tapping her pen on the clipboard in front of her unknowingly. "wah~ they're so in sync with each other," the idol points out, her smile widening upon hearing the compliments the trainees received from the producers.

"look at their faces," zico points out to everyone, the camera panning over a few grounders' faces to see their fierce gaze and light panting. seeing this, both rain and mayse began discussing wanting the teams to switch places and pointed out their difference to each other.

mayse smiled as a soft sigh escaped her lips, the female glancing down at her board before looking back up. "ah, the babies have grown," she muttered before focusing on the conversation at hand. as the producer discussed, jinghua pointed at a trainee's photo that sat on the table as she expressed her opinion on who did the best for the grounders' performance and who lacked in the i-landers' performance. the trainees the producers chose from the ground to enter i-land were: jay, jake, youngbin and kyungmin - all four males deserving to enter after the performance they had shown to the group of producers minutes ago. those who left i-land to make room for the new trainees were; sunoo, taki, taeyong and yoonwon.

after the exchange of trainees, the next mission was revealed to be a position unit battle, with vocal and dance representatives that are chosen by the trainees in i-land and the ground - both of the teams' songs had been chosen beforehand and would be shown to each other at the halfway point of the mission.

a few days passed and the halfway mark arrived sooner than expected, both mayse and jinghua linked arms with each other as they approached the egg entrance, stepping into the entrance and waiting for it to spin them around to enter i-land. hearing the entrance sound, the boys in the large practice room on the first floor turned around quickly to be met with the smiling faces of mayse and jinghua - gasping as jungwon ran out of the room to gather the other i-landers.

chuckling at their faces, jinghua and mayse stood in front of the mirrored wall with their clipboards in hand, smiling at the boys who rushed in after jungwon - bowing to the two idols. "don't be nervous," the seventeen member tells the boys, making a hand gesture to tell them to be calm and act natural around her and the nct member next to her. "we're not scary people."