I-LAND episode five + six

as mayse and jinghua expected, the i-landers' vocal unit won against the grounders however now it was the dance unit's turn to perform. "i look forward to the grounders' performance," jinghua smiled as she watched the dance performances closely, being a harsh critic when it involved dancing. "i think they switched because of the turns," jinghua commented, writing on her clipboard.

"that's right," mayse pointed at the older female in agreement. "their choreography had some turns in the choreography and during evaluation, it looked like jay was having a hard time landing them," she pointed out, recalling the memory after jinghua mentioned the turning parts of i-landers' dance choreography. "maybe that's why they switched?"

"i'm sure it was hard for sunghoonie to take the spot. the two of them seem like really close friends," jinghua frowned, pouting as she stared up at the screen in front of the producers. focusing on mainly sunghoon to see his adaptation to the trio. "but honestly, sunghoonie is also a fairly good dancer," jinghua points out as she watched the trio dancing in sync, perfectly executing each move.

"i would like to say that i was correct. he is just as talented as i assumed he'd be," mayse commented, looking at all the producers who smiled as they knew who she was speaking about. the discussion continued on before the results were announced, the i-landers winning the head to head battle.

for the last test of part one, both mayse and jinghua were unable to appear due to other schedules but trusted everything would go fine without both singers on the show, having both rain and zico to go in for mid-point check-in

for the last test of part one, both mayse and jinghua were unable to appear due to other schedules but trusted everything would go fine without both singers on the show, having both rain and zico to go in for mid-point check-in. when the final day of the test arrived, jinghua and mayse were seated in their usual chairs inside the producer room. "welcome back jinghua, mayse," rain greeted the two girls who thanked him and checked the sheet of i-landers and their parts.

"so part 5 started as jungwon's then he switched with heeseung?" mayse asked the older producers who nodded. "personally, i think he'll do well as part 2."

"you're just saying that because you favour him," jinghua chuckles at the maknae of the group who faced her, arguing that she had favoured some trainees as well. "okay fair," the chinese female chuckles before they all focused on the i-landers' performance.

"as i expected, i was correct," mayse beams as she listened closely to the boys' vocals through the earphones that were in her ears. "jake and sunghoon are also doing well," the nct member commented, writing on her sheet. "ah i think i'm falling for him~" she jokingly says, holding her hands over her heart as sunghoon sang his part.

"this girl," jinghua shook her head with a smile. "so many of them have improved so much," the seventeen member smiles proudly, quietly applauding the boys as the performance ended. moving on, it was time for the i-landers to choose three members to eliminate and then the producers would eliminate three of their own. "jay, sunghoon and jungwon - those three, i think did the best today," jinghua commented as she looked at her notes. "they had great facial expressions and didn't make a single mistake - the power in their moves was perfectly applied as well," she further elaborated.

"this has to be his best performance," mayse said after rain complimented jungwon. "i've been keeping an eye on jungwon since he was first introduced. he's stable singing live and a great dancer. his facial expressions are nice as well," the girl noted as she spoke about the young boy.

discussions between the producers and directors continued as they scored everyone individually. giving critics to those who were weaker in stage presence than others. "he did everything he could for his part," rain commented as they were discussing jake's score which came to a 75.

"it seems that he knows what expression to pull off. it's not too much, not too little," sungdeuk said as the discussion between them continued as they expressed their thoughts on the trainee's performance as the eliminated trainees voted by the i-landers were announced.

"ah my heart is beating so fast," mayse mumbled quietly from beside rain as she leaned forward to rest her elbows on the table and her chin on her palms as she heard the announced trainees. the producer team began deciding who they wanted to eliminate from the i-landers. both jinghua and mayse just listened to their opinions and kept to themselves as they thought to themselves.

"i agree with rain oppa," jinghua points out. "jake, since being in the ground has improved a lot in my opinion. as a foreigner myself, he has done a lot better job than i have when i was a trainee," she commented. "seon - despite being a trainee for four years, i haven't seen any improvements."

"choi seon, he's been a trainee for almost five years and i don't see any improvement honestly speaking," mayse took over the dissolution. "he's been in i-land the entire time and still hasn't shown anything special to us," she commented as pdogg and doobu agreed with the maknae producer. the final trainee of the eliminated six i-landers was finally announced to be: youngbin, kyungmin, jaebeom, ej, seon and geonu.