Undercover Cafe Worker

set in 2017

jinghua had been promoting as a soloist for the first time since debuting as an idol under pledis entertainment - this time, the female was invited to join a show in which she would work as an undercover idol at a cafe to see if locals recognised her when face to face. in the beginning, the chinese female was nervous to see how many would react however was excited to be working a normal job as many did that wasn't like hers. on the day of the show, jinghua arrived early to be taught the cafe's basic drinks and how to work a cash register along with other basic things before the doors of the cafe opened. nervously, the female played with her hair - facing the door as she eyed the camera nervously and mouthed 'i'm nervous' to it before the bell that hung above the door rang. swinging back around to face the customers, jinghua smiled and welcomed them with a smile as two females approached her. "welcome! what can i get for you today?"

"uh...we'll take two iced americanos," one of the ladies said, holding up two fingers to indicate two drinks as jinghua nodded and tapped the order in. "can we also get a slice of choco cake?" the female asked the worker who nodded once more.

"was that to have here or take away?" jinghua asked casually, glancing up at the ladies who gestured to the floor - meaning they were dining in. giving them their change, recite and a buzzing coaster - jinghua allows them to walk away as she prepared their drinks with the owner of the cafe. when she finishes cutting and plating the cake, the door chimes again - a group of males entering the cafe, talking and chatting freely. "welcome, how can i help you?" jinghua chimes, standing in front of the register.

the group of guys began murmuring among themselves, confusing the female however she gave the benefit of the doubt and thought they were talking about what they wanted to order when one of the taller guys in the group approached her. "hi, can we get four ice americanos, two yogurt smoothies and one vanilla latte?" he ordered for the entire group as jinghua tapped in their orders.

"is that all for today?" jinghua glanced up to the guy who nodded casually, holding his card out and playing with it as the undercover idol gestured to the machine set in front of the register. "whenever you are ready sir," she smiles softly. again, handing the recite and buzzing coaster - jinghua turns around to make their drinks.

as she was finishing the last yogurt smoothie, a guy from the group slowly approached her. "ah...excuse me, ms," he called to the idol who turned to face him with a confused expression. "ah this kind of awkward...but do you perhaps have a boyfriend?" the man asked, his friends watching from their table.

"ne?" jinghua stutters, surprised as she lets out a baffled laugh. "uh...i don't have a boyfriend," she awkwardly replies with a small awkward chuckle as she glanced down, taking out the lemon cheesecake from the display to cut for a customer.

NOTE ! this is in july 2017,, meaning she and jaehyun weren't revealed nor did she reveal she was dating publicly,, thank you!

"then perhaps...can i get your number?" the man asked jinghua softly as she glanced at him with wide eyes, shocked as the owner laughed at the situation - serving like nothing was happening. the man held his phone in his hand, ready to take her number when the chinese female let out another awkward chuckle - stating she had three older brothers who were extremely protective and would want to meet someone who tried hitting on her. "ah, so i can't have your number?"

"ah, ne," she smiled sheepishly as the male sighed in disappointment but smiled and bowed slightly to the idol as he walked back to his friends who were teasing him for being rejected. "well that was...yeah," jinghua smiled awkwardly, shaking off the experience as she continued working - no one recognising her as she worked in plain sight. "here's your matcha latte and cappuccino~" jinghua sang lightly, softly placing the drinks on the table for a couple who came into the cafe earlier. "your bingsu will be out soon," she smiled, ready to walk away when the female called out to her - causing the chinese female to stop momentarily, raising an eyebrow.

"are you...jinghua from seventeen?" the female customer asked, a hand covering her mouth as she attempts to whisper to the idol who smiled and lightly chuckled.

"ah no, many say i look like her," jinghua acted as she stood near the couple.

"you look exactly like her," the male commented as he glanced at her visuals. "wah~ you're like a duplicate of her."

"are you fans of seventeen?" jinghua asked, acting naturally as the pair had seemed to by the lie of her being someone different and just having similar facial features to the idol.

"ah ne~ we've been fans since debut," the female smiled at her boyfriend who held her hand over the table - explaining how the pair had met an event that seventeen attended and met by accident when bumping into each other. after they met again in their university - turns out they went to the same university and had shared a class together without knowing. "we've been buying jinghua's solo album in hopes of going to her fan sign this weekend." nodding in understanding, bowing once again as she had to leave to continue her job as a barista.

after working till mid-day, jinghua took off her apron and got her makeup fixed by her staff - it was time to reveal that jinghua; an idol had been working the entire day at the cafe to surprise those who entered

after working till mid-day, jinghua took off her apron and got her makeup fixed by her staff - it was time to reveal that jinghua; an idol had been working the entire day at the cafe to surprise those who entered. the couple from earlier had returned with some friends of theirs but didn't buy a drink while their friends did and other groups of friends filled up the cafe. jinghua had prepared a small gift for those who were in the cafe by the time she was revealing her actual profession. "excuse me, everyone, may i have your attention?" the owner calls out as everyone turned their attention to the worker who had a smile on their face. "we actually have a surprise. we had a special guest come and help me with the cafe today, can we all give a big thank you to seventeen's jinghua for coming and helping me out?"

jinghua exited the staff room with a smile, holding papers and a pen in her hands as she heard customers let out gasps of surprise - some hitting their friends as they mumble on how they knew it was her. taking the attention of the customers, jinghua holds a bright smile as she greets everyone inside. "hello everyone! i'm seventeen's jinghua as many you already know, i was given the opportunity to work in this lovely cafe and to meet such amazing people whilst here," she began as everyone listened to her. "as a thank you for making my time at the cafe amazing, i'm offering to sign everyone a personalised autograph," the female hears cheers of joy as she is sat down at a table whilst everyone came to grab themselves an autograph from the female.