Alternate Universe Pt.2

set in 2018

a sigh escapes from jinghua's lips, the female leaning back in the car's passenger seat the company used for the seventeen members. it was early morning and the female had woken up to a comeback schedule for her solo comeback; hello. "oppa," she called her manager who had been driving the two of them to the mnet building where m!countdown was located - the sun barely shining on the world as cars passed jinghua's window view. "can you get coffee and breakfast when we arrive?" she asked kindly to the older male, scrolling through her instagram feed as he hummed in response - indirectly telling her he would do as she asked. upon arriving at the mnet building, jinghua's manager rushes to open the female's door causing a small giggle to leave her lips as she hops out of the car - slinging her shoulder bag over her head and holding her phone in her hand as she approached the gates where she could see a large group of fansites waiting for her arrival.

as she steps through the gates, she covers her mouth with her phone in shock as fans scream her name - the staff ushering her to stand on the red circle mat for posing. obeying the staff's instructions, she stands on the red dot and smiles, waving and posing for the fansites that yelled her name. "jinghua noona!" "jinghua!!" "good luck on your stage today!!" "jinghua unnie fighting!!!" various call outs are heard from either side of the female who covers her mouth from shock before bowing to them and walking over to the building, noticing the few fans who stretched out their hands to give the seventeen member their prepared gifts. gratefully, jinghua took them with her into the building, bowing and greeting staff members and other passing idols respectfully.

"annyeong," jinghua greets her stylist and dancers with a sweet smile, setting the bags of gifts down onto the couch as she set her bag alongside it. her staff greet her back before she's ushered into the change room with her stage outfit for upcoming rehearsals and she would be going before nct u, according to the setlist. "i love this outfit~" the chinese idol beams, exiting the closet and does a mini spin - the skirt of her dress flaring slightly as she poses whilst her dancers applauded and pretended to take photos of the female. the outfit consisted of a flowy bell sleeved white dress with silver detailing that reached till her knees, paired with white laced up boots and silver accessories given by her stylist.

"how are you feeling? knowing he's here?" her stylist and close friend asked, applying eyeliner on the idol's face who gave a weak smile. the person in question the pair were talking about would be the famous prince of nct; jung jaehyun. unknowingly to their fans - both jinghua and jaehyun dated for a while before splitting due to some circumstances that jinghua never wanted to speak about ever again.

"i'm just going to act like my normal self and perform my best for carats," jinghua smiled after her makeup was finished. as she goes to stand from the seat, a mnet staff peeked their head into the room and gives the singer a small smile - informing her she was needed on standby. "ne~ i'll be down soon," she smiled, grabbing her in-ear monitors and putting them on. heading down to the stage, jinghua passes by some rookie idols who greet her with a loud voice and deep bow, bringing a smile to her face. returning the gesture, the senior idol adds on a 'fighting' before disappearing into the venue where the stage was, walking up the stairs with her dancers as she centres herself and admires the stage decorations her company paid for. now standing on the stage, her eyes glance around - noticing her ex and his members standing by the side of the stage, looking up to where she stood. clearing her throat, the female adjusted her microphone before bowing and greeting the audience that was filled with fans. "say the name, annyeonghaseyo jinghua iminda~" she smiled as carats screamed and cheered for her. "ne~ let's have fun today and i hope you enjoy the stage everyone~" she waves before getting into position.

after finishing rehearsals, jinghua bowed and thanked the fans and staff before she and her dancers walked down the stage - bowing and greeting the nct members as they passed when the female felt someone pulling her back gently by the wrist. sharply turning to face whoever it was, she freezes when she comes face to face with her ex; jaehyun. "can we talk later?" he whispered to the female. jinghua bit her lip, thinking before speaking up softly, pushing his hand off her wrist - weary of the fan's eyes.

"sorry, i have a fan meet after," she commented, turning to leave when he called out to her.

"at least text me or something," he said before her figure disappeared into the hallway where she retreated into her waiting room with tears threatening to slip out of her eyes. 'he can't just go and act like everything between us is fine.' the chinese female thought, entering the waiting room and thanked one of her dancers for handing her a napkin to wipe her tears with.

"aye~ forget about him noona," one of the youngest dancers dismisses the male to the female, smiling brightly as he shares his idea that gets everyone excited. "let's go get some food and drinks! to give us energy!" jinghua laughs and agrees, allowing her dancers to drag her off to mnet's cafe where they ordered drinks and snacks for the other staff members. thanks to her team, she was able to get her mind off of the man who was trying to re-enter her life like nothing - allowing her to perform normally with a sweet smile as she sang and danced for carats that cheered her on.