Internship

Ozpin:"Looks like he's here. (Y/n), meet Qrow Branwen. Uncle to Ruby and Yang."

"Nice to meet you sir

"Nice to meet you sir."

I outstretched my hand and he shook it.

Qrow:"Drop the formalities and just call me Qrow."

"Sure thing."

Ozpin:"(Y/n), as you're aware, hero associations and huntsmen agencies are scouting for possible candidates. And after your performance at the tournament, you have plenty of requests."

He pulled up a screen and showed me a long list of names.

"Heh."

Ozpin:"However, as your headmaster I get to give my input on what the student decides to join. I am also a huntsman. As is Qrow."

Qrow:"Yep."

"So what you're saying is that you want me to do my internship with you two?"

Ozpin:"Somewhat. However, it's less of an internship and more of a team up. There are some missions I'd like for you to take. These are S-Rank missions and need to be taken seriously. I would normally have a third or fourth year handle them but you are the more reliable person for the job."

"Alright. This is gonna be interesting."

Ozpin:"I'm sure it will be. I'll update you two on your first mission later today. For now, why don't you two get acquainted with each other?"

We shrugged and walked to the elevator and made small talk.

Qrow:"You're one extraordinary kid."

"You wouldn't be the first to tell me that."

Qrow:"That power you use. What's it called?"

"Ki. It allows me to shoot energy, have enhanced strength and reflexes and fly."

Qrow:"Now that sounds badass."

"Heh, it really is. In fact I plan on starting a club to teach some of the other first years about it."

Qrow:"That sounds like a good idea."

The elevator made it to the first floor and we walked out.

Qrow:"If you don't mind, what do you say to a quick sparring match?"

"I'm ready whenever you are."

He smirked and grabbed a flask from his jacket and took a swig. He put it back and drew his sword.

Qrow:"Then let's dance."

He swung it at me but I dodged and was surprised to see he wanted to spar right here in the hallway.

He smiled and I did too. He swung at me but I just dodged and weaved. He transformed his weapon to a scythe and spun it around. He tossed it up and when he caught it, he shot a dust bullet at me. I blocked it as ice began to cover part of my wrist and forearm.