Waking up alone

Two cars swerved as another pulled out at an ungodly speed,

"LEVI!"

"LEVI!" Erwin awoke, panting in a cold sweat. He had had a dream, no, a nightmare, of the crash, Damn it, why won't it stop. He thought to himself, these nightmares of the crash had been happening every time Erwin had fallen asleep.

Every time he awoke he looked to his side to see an unconscious man laying next to him, only this time there wasn't. instead a scrunched up piece of paper lay an inch away from Erwin's hand. He hastily picked it up and began to read,

Dear (or to, idk) Erwin,

I'm sorry for keeping you by my side for three damn days, I have no idea why you decided to stay and, quite frankly, I'm surprised. Surely you wouldn't want to sit next to my sleeping butt for that long and now I feel bad that I'm not next to you as of this moment. But,

The truth is, I just need some time. I know it may seem selfish and that I'm not taking your feelings into consideration, but, the nurse said that I was well enough to leave. Just as long as I keep myself out of trouble and don't skate until at least another month.

As you can most likely guess, that information didn't sit too well for me on top of, well.. you know what. As I have previously said, I need some time. I don't know how long I will need, but before the crash I recall telling you this already. Until I'm ready. I have no idea how you're feeling as of this moment but I'll most likely be at the rink.

I'm planning on getting an uber or on a bus as long as I can. Kind of hard to drive without a car, busted abdomen and arm, ha. Anyway, I'll take some time to collect my thoughts,

Erwin was not sure how to feel, but one thing he knew for sure was that Levi had hesitated at this part of the letter.

And. I feel we have something to discuss. By the way, the nurse said that the cleaning products and belongings were in the storage closet across the other side of the room to save space for any other emergency patients.

I believe there were none though, I took my things so you can get yours if you haven't already.

My sincerest apologies,

You already know.

"Wow.." The blonde rested his hand on his head and rubbed his temple, it was not too much information to take in but it certainly took him a minute to process it. The window was open and caused Erwin to realise his hair wasn't in his eyes anymore.

It was in fact, slicked back again. Someone had done that, the only person that could've was the very man Erwin was there to see. Levi. Was he fixing my hair? Stroking me even?! His cheeks burned. Attempting to move on, the man observed the letter before him once more.

Scanning every word, trying to make sense of how Levi was feeling. Not just that but the possible subject that the raven wished to converse over. It made Erwin wonder what said subject could possibly be.

He shook his head and placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose before wiping his face and yawning. So many events had happened in the last few days and honestly, Erwin couldn't blame Levi for wanting some time alone.

Even if he didn't want to admit it, the blonde actually thought taking some time was a nice concept. He sighed and closed his eyes before opening them again momentarily and standing up.