Eyebrows

Lunch break had come around but Levi was still a bit confused as to why Hange would tell some random guy his practice times, although he tried not to let it bother him.

He had got some water but nothing else, he wasn't feeling particularly hungry today, or like most days.

"So you're not eating again?" Hange said after scoffing down an English breakfast sandwich. "No, not really." Levi replied before yawning. "Are you gonna say hi to the guy from earlier in joint practice later?" Hange was in a questioning mood today.

"Not unless he gets in my way or says hi to me first." Levi said slouching in his chair.

"Shame, he seems really nice, he's got a lovely smile as well." Hange got up and threw their rubbish away and Levi did the same, even if it was only a single cup.

The two headed over to the side of the rink to meet with their coach and the rest of their skating group, the hockey team met on the other side of the rink and stayed there.

"Gather round everybody!" The coach yelled at all the ones who were messing around and gave them annoyed looks before continuing, "Jaeger, Arlert, Springer, Blouse and Kirstein will be taking the less advanced program today and will be practicing the minor parts of their routines and Ackermann, Hange, Nanaba, Petra, Oluo and Gunther will be practicing jumps and foot choreography." He finished off with a grunt. "Is that clear?" "Yes Pyxis sir!" Everyone replied before dashing onto our side of the rink.

Practice went as usual, Nanaba, Hange and Levi all grouped up and attempted to practice jumps whilst being in sync and after a while Nanaba and Hange went and helped people who were struggling like Armin and Eren.

Some time went by and Levi was resting on the side of a banister for a while when all of a sudden a small round puck came speeding towards him, he ducked in time but was still a bit annoyed that the hockey team didn't keep their stuff on their side.

Levi picked up the puck and held it in his hand, a tall player skated over to him. "I'm so sorry we couldn't keep the puck on our side, the other guys are being rough on me since I'm new." He looked over his shoulder to see a bunch of people laughing in a huddle.

His voice was calm and apologetic, Levi refrained from being sassy and sarcastic because of it.

"It's fine, just try to keep it on your side in future ok?" He said looking up at the man through the bars of his helmet, "What is it," Levi paused, looking at the man's face.

He had massive eyebrows. "Eyebrows?" The taller man laughed a bit before taking the puck "Oh, wait you're the guy from earlier! I thought your routine was amazing, I'd definitely like to see it again sometime. Also, my name is Erwin Smith, not that it'll really matter since you've already found me a nickname." He chuckled before skating off back to his game.

Levi was left there in a little bit of shock, it was him who saw him skate earlier. And he thought it was 'amazing'?! Erwin Smith huh? Must've had a hard childhood with that name. eyebrows it is then. Levi smiled as he thought to himself before he skated back off to Hange and Nanaba who were obviously watching the whole thing.

"What was that?!" Hange exclaimed "What do you mean?" Levi answered with an irritated glare. "Look at you being friendly for once!" They squeaked doing their strange jumping thing on the tips of their toes.

"Either you're ill or that guy's special!" Now Nanaba had joined in. "Stop being stupid, he was nice when I wasn't expecting him to be so I tried to be nice back." Levi scoffed at his friends as he went to the rink exit.

***

Levi had gone to put his skates away behind the counter and let Nanaba and Hange in to do the same as well. When they all came back out, the hockey team had already taken off their gear and were taking a quick snack break before most likely going back home or out for the rest of the day.

"Nanaba!" Mike was on the hockey team and was sitting at one of the tables with Moblet, Mikasa and another person. Nanaba ran over to them all with Hange and Levi close behind.

"Hey guys! I was wondering if you all wanted to come with us to the local park and stuff we gotta show round the new guy, plus new potential friend." Mike said with a thumbs up. Levi looked to the other person at the table and saw it was Erwin.

"Hey Eyebrows." Levi said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "You're not going to let that go huh?" He replied, "Not a chance." Levi said smiling. The group laughed and headed out of the building, taking a few drinks with them.

After a little bit of walking, Mike and Nanaba were talking and Moblet and Hange were talking which left Mikasa in front with her friends and Levi and Erwin who fell to the back of the group. "So, I never got your name, what is it?" Erwin asked. "Levi. Levi Ackermann." he smiled, "It's nice to meet you Levi."

Word count: 905

Ah yes we love appearance mockery ❤️