Circle time

"MOBLIT!!" A certain wild brunette ran towards the poor man who sat on the grass. His hair shone in the orange light, this became a new favourite thing for Hange as soon as they saw it. "Please quiet down Hange, I don't think any of our ears will be able to handle it for much longer." Moblit sighed rubbing his temple.

Hange slumped down on the grass next to him and smiled like an idiot, they laid down and let out a long breath. "You're so calm Moblet, how do you put up with me?" They asked using their hands as a pillow. "I'm still trying to figure that one out myself," He chuckled, "Either way, I still love your chaotic energy." Hange smiled at his reply, "Just what I wanted to hear!"

The two smiled at each other for another second before Hange spoke up again, "I don't know what it is but everyone other than you keeps on saying I'm totally oblivious to something. It's killing me that I don't know what it is!" they groaned and frowned, looking up at the semi-dark sky.

Hange sighed again, "Even Erwin knows and he's only been here for a week." Moblit looked towards his hand on the grass, he felt bad that he couldn't tell Hange how he felt yet. It was killing him too but he just wondered if Hange could possibly manage to figure it out on their own if he gave them small enough hints.

"Maybe you'll find out soon," Moblit smiled encouragingly. "Yeah.. maybe." Hange looked deep in thought. Moblit started to get nervous, what if they were thinking about it? What if they were trying to figure it out already? His thoughts were cut off by seeing two figures walk on the path near them.

It seemed that Hange had run ahead of the people that had taken them on a walk. Levi and Erwin were happily strolling along the pavement that led towards where he and Hange were currently sat. Moblit was happy to see them, he liked the fact that Levi had found his special someone. Like Hange had said, Erwin had only been with them for a short week and yet he and Levi were already close enough as to hold hands. Levi had never held anyone's hand before.

Moblit never would've seen this coming in a hundred years. Though, it wasn't the biggest surprise ever, Erwin was pretty much EXACTLY Levi's type, he was kind and gentle too. Not just good looking and tall. Personally for Moblit, he didn't have a type, it was all about personality and who could put up with or not get bored of him.

Hange was that person. They radiated pure sugar rush 24/7 but still had time to care and ask how their friends were actually feeling. They were kind and loved frogs, (who wouldn't) which just made them more of a lovable person.

Most of the time, all Moblit could think about when he was separated from Hange for even a minute was if they were ok. Were they safe? Are they still alive? Is there anyone around to make sure they don't do anything dangerous? Hange was 21 and could still not be trusted alone.

It made Moblit laugh but in truth, he was glad he could be the person to keep them safe and out of harm's way, or at least as well he could. Truthfully, there's no escaping harm or suffering. It'll get to everyone someday. But it's best to stay out of its way if possible.

"You know, we could gather everyone out here and make a plan for the day," Moblit shifted his view towards Hange, "I heard there's a zoo with penguins over there." He pointed to a place not so far off in the distance, the place where they were was on a curved part of the south of England, where he was pointing was right across to the other side of a smaller curve.

"You're a genius Moblit my friend!" Hange yelped, light reflected off of their glasses, making them look ever more mischievous. Moblit smiled, and tried to hide the slight sadness due to the use of the word 'friend'.

"I'm gonna go inside and wake up the Jaegers and friends!" They said bouncing up from the grass and running to the building which had said Jaegers and friends. Moblit smiled and got up as well, only to be met by the two men that had made their way up the path, "What was that about?" Erwin asked, a confused smile on his face. "Getting excited about the fact that the zoo across the bend has penguins." Moblit chuckled and so did the tall blonde in front of him.