The incident

"Here it is!" Erwin couldn't contain his excitement. "Before we go in we should get some pictures ready of what we want." Levi said, pulling Erwin back by his sleeve. "Oh yeah, that might be a good idea." He said as if he had forgotten that was something he would have to do.

"Dumbass." Levi snorted and leant against a tree outside the shop. "I'll type it onto a plain background. Oo! Oo! We could use a fancy font!" Erwin jumped up and down grinning like a complete idiot.

"I really have no idea why you're so excited about this, you know it'll hurt, right?" Levi cocked a brow and stared up at the blonde man who simply couldn't contain his joy. "I know, I know that after a week or two we'll have to clean it and do all sorts of stuff like keep it out of direct sunlight but it'll be awesome once it's done!" Erwin paused and took a breath.

"I know that these are permanent but we'll always have someone that this phrase is for, right? Whether that be each other or in time to come, someone else." He smiled gently and Levi felt his heart skip a beat. The ravenette didn't think much about the phrases until Erwin had said this.

It just then hit him that these tattoos were permanent and that they were phrases that would be a constant reminder of the one who had the matching phrase inked upon their arm. It made Levi wonder about the fact that Erwin was beyond joyous about getting them.

Did it mean that he wanted Levi to be in his life for as long as these phrases were relevant? Was this even a normal thing new friends would do for each other? Levi had already confirmed his feelings with himself but he was doubtful if they were actually helpless feelings rather than a simple crush that most people have before moving on.

Colour painted his face as Erwin stood in front of him practically glittering. "Yeah sure, shut up!" Levi turned away to hide his flushed cheeks. "Hah! Another point to me in our game~!" Erwin chuckled. Oh yeah, forgot about that. Levi recalled the previous night and immediately became even more flustered, the colour of pink travelled to his ears.

"Wow, I barely have to say anything and you turn into a strawberry starburst." Erwin said, trying to keep a straight face, which was particularly hard considering he wasn't. "Do not bring starburst into this, whatever this is." Levi retorted looking over his shoulder to see a blonde man who could hardly contain his laughter.

"I've finished the typing and I've sent yours to you-" "Then let's go inside why don't we!" Levi said, raising his eyebrows and storming off to the parlour. Erwin laughed quietly and smiled before following the small, flustered, short-tempered man.

***

The two men had to wait near the front of the parlour for a little while before being taken to separate rooms where they showed their designs and had their arms shaved and cleaned up ready for the outline and then design. The design in question was simply just the words in a font. 'Je suis son soleil' and 'Je suis sa nuit'. so simple yet they had so much meaning.

As the tattoo artist finished off and put a bandage on their arm they told the men what they had to do after they had healed. The artist gave them different cleaning products such as cleansing cream and other information on things not to do before a certain time.

After it was over they were taken to the till to pay. The small tattoo that they had gotten cost around £90. This shocked Erwin and Levi but they paid nonetheless. In their minds it was definitely worth it.

Once they had met up again they examined the ink that was now a part of them. "They're amazing." Levi said, tracing a finger across the words engraved onto Erwin's arm, "Aren't they just!" the blonde replied in complete awe, not at all bothered by the touch.