CHAPTER 11

#NotEdited

Getting everything ready for my leave at my company is getting more hectic than I expected. I have been busy signing papers the whole day after the board meeting I had telling everyone that I’m stepping down as the CEO and moving to Durban. The board agrees that Miss Duma will take over and be the company's  CEO. Calvin was really worried about his job but I told him that we will talk. I know he doesn’t really know about my life and I have to explain to him that of he’s decides to come with me then he will be working at a very different environment and I don’t know how he’s going to receive it once I explain  it to him.

I have to look for a house and not just any house but a very private one and big one cause my family is big. We have to deal with phakiso  before I leave but we can't go and her him cause he’s at our grandparents house. We know he’s there intentionally cause he knows we won’t touch him when he’s there and he’s right. Well have to make him think that we have forgiven him and then strike.

“ Calvin. In my office.” I hang up.

The door opens and he walks in and sits down. He’s really worried about his job and I don’t blame him.

“ don’t look so nervous Calvin. I didn’t call you hear to tell you bad news…well it depends how you will receive them.”

“ am I fired sir? ”

“ no Calvin you’re not. I’m sorry you had to find out in front of everyone about me stepping down as the CEO and leaving  the company.”

“ Why sir if I may ask? “

“ you know me and my brothers have differs  companies and now o have to go and run one of our businesses in Durban. Calvin you have been the best assistant I have ever had and it would be a shame for me to loose you and I don’t want to loose the best assistant I have ever had. I want you to come with me to Durban and continue to being my assistant and of course your salary will be double, you will live in an apartment paid the company and you will have a driver and body guard on you wherever you go.” He looks more nervous the more I talk.

“ Sir why does it sound like…uhm  the job you'll be doing I’m Durban is dangerous? “

“ cause it can be. I can’t tell you about it unless you agree to come and continue to work for me. Look Calvin you know I don’t easily trust people but I trust you and I need someone like you to be on my side….”

“ I’m in sir. I’ll move to Durban with you.”

“ Calvin….”

“ Sir I trust you and I know you wouldn’t have asked me if you didn’t think I am the best for the job. I can do that job better than the one I have been doing here. Working for you sir has changed my life and made me a better person. I look to you as a man and business man you are. I know this opportunity will help me grow in my career and I’m ready for the opportunity.” That’s what I like about him. He’s always eager to learn something new.

“ how close are you to Mandisa?”

“ we are close sir but the last few weeks as I told you she has been distant. “

“ when did you last talk to her?”

“ a week ago. She sounded better sir.”

“ I take it you know something’s about her right since you two are close? “ he fidgets. “ Calvin remember you told me about seeing bruises on her hands and body? “

“ yes sir “ he looks away.

“ Did she maybe explain how she got them?”

“ Sir….”