𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖝𝖊𝖘

"Dad, we need to talk

"Dad, we need to talk." Deciding to skip class, Ariana apparated to Malfoy Manor to demand answers from her father.

"What is wrong?"

"Horcruxes. What are they?"

"I knew I'd have to tell you at some point, how did you find out?"

"Harry Potter is looking for one." Voldermort turned around, pondering his options.

"Come sit. I will show you." As Ariana did so, he placed his pale hands on her mind as he showed her his memories.

1976-7 - Tom Riddle's final year at Hogwarts

He'd just finished his Knights of Walpurgis meeting in the room of requirement with people present such as Severus Snape, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange and Barty Crouch Junior.

His goal before graduating; create his first Horcrux. He'd already murdered Myrtle Warren so he could create it, putting a part of his soul in his diary. After going through agony in the Chamber of Secrets, his first was completed.

Tom Riddles second one was Helga Hufflepuff's Cup. He knew this would be hard to find but wanted symbolic Horcuxes. He'd managed to locate it but it was going to be hard to get the cup. His plan, though not properly thought through, was to cause an explosion getting every student distracted. Somehow, it worked and he grabbed it, going down to the Chamber his second was created.

By the summer of 1977, Riddle was no longer a Hogwarts student. Making sure the Chamber remained a secret, before he left, he'd found his desired third object. The third; a diadem, more specifically Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem.

He knew however, he needed to be in an isolated place for a while specifically as Dumbledore had been keeping a close eye on him. His destination - Albania. Within a short time in Albania he had made the diadem a part of his soul by murdering another.

Tom returned to England, intent on making two more. The second to last was Salazar Slytherin's locket which he'd managed to hide for several months. By killing a random wizard, he was able to transfer a part of his soul into the piece of jewellery.

The year was 1978 and five Horcruxes had been made. One more he wanted to make but first he called for a meeting of his followers, now known as Death Eaters.

"I have gathered all of you here today as the Ministry is taking more precaution with us, giving people rewards if they have any information about us. I do not wish to kill anyone but if you must then do so." Sarah Snape had been hiding behind a curtain at Malfoy Manor, hoping to talk to the mysterious Tom Riddle afterwards. After everyone had left, but not before he did, she made her presence known.

"Hello, I'm Sarah I don't think you remember me but-"

"I remember you, you're Severus' sister." In fact, Tom had hoped she'd come find him again.

"Yes, I have one more year to go, my brother just finished actually. I'm hoping to go into a career of creatures. Finding them. Helping them. My brother may not be happy with that though-"

"If you want to do it don't let anyone stop you." She smiled, happy to know someone encouraged her to keep going for her dream.

"You never took me out you know, the last time we saw eachother."

"That's true."

"You could make it up for me now if you'd like? I'm available right now." He nodded, holding out his arm as they apparated to a secluded place in the woods. "Is this where you kill me?" She joked, still partly worried.

"I know you will have heard things about me. Not all good."

"Can I be honest? Not much good but standing here you don't look like an insane lunatic."

"Oh, is that what people are calling me?"

"Are you doing all of what they're saying?"

"The killings?" She nodded, hoping it really wasn't the truth. "No, no, most were in self defence. The ministry does take it out of context. I swear on Salazar Slytherin, we are not the demented killers all of the world believes us to be." Her small smile causes him so calmness, taking a chance she grabs his hand to which he does not protest to.

Over the next couple of weeks, Sarah tried to spend as much time with Tom as she could before going back for seventh year. "I'm going to miss you when I go back."

"Do not, there is nothing to miss."

"Will you miss me?"

"I am going to show you something that no one knows. Swear to me you will not inform anyone else of this." Hesitantly nodded, she agreed and the two walked into the garden of the Manor.

"This is my fathers ring. Tom Riddle Senior."

"Did you get along with your father?"

"No, he was a bastard despite not knowing him." Looking at him sadly, he continued. "I met him once. To kill him."Sarah was stunned how he could be so open and honest.

"What?" She stepped back as Tom did.

"He never loved my mother, nor me. When I found him to ask why he never stayed. Said we were not worth it and my mother soon couldn't handle it and gave me up."

"I am so sorry Tom."

"I however did have the intention of killing him. You see, I have been creating Horcruxes to preserve my soul."

"I don't understand, sorry I'm quite slow."

"That's okay, I have spilt my soul into parts, in objects which I've hidden." Sarah knew what he had to do if he wanted to create Horcruxes but didn't want to ask.

"I hope I don't regret this." She whispered and kissed Tom. At first he didn't react which until he kissed back. It was short and sweet. "I have to get back for my brother comes home, I'll see you in the holidays!"

the present

"So you split your soul to become immortal and mum knew?"

"Yes, she was the first one to know. One of the only ones, which now includes you." Urging her to follow, they walked into the Manor's garden where her parents first kissed.

"Why did you keep it a secret from me?" She looked down, slightly hurt he didn't trust her to know.

"I did not want to burden you with the truth. Look how much you already have to deal with. I believe it is time to go back to school now. Your uncle may be your head master but you must still attend."

Before departing they gave eachother a hug, with Voldermort looking up to the sky where he first connected with his lover.

~
changes if you're confused:
- tom at hogwarts was a year above snape and the mauradors and two years above ariana's mother
- he made three horcruxes in his last year at hogwarts
- he can love because his mother didn't use a love potion but his dad just didn't want to be a father

anyways i love this chapter! hope this also cleared up some things, have a good day/night and peace out