𝖉𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖘

It was the first official day back at Hogwarts and all students had just received their new timetable whilst munching on their breakfast buffet

"Ariana, do you want to sit next to me in Herbology? You don't have to but you're more than welcome to!" Pansy told her while Ariana glanced at Draco where he nodded saying it was okay.

"Okay yeah I guess, will you guys excuse me for a minute I need to go speak to Snape." Ariana walked to the potions classroom, wrapping her robe around her.

"Yes Ariana?"

"Sev? I don't think I can do it. Not with all these other students." Ariana started pacing, unsure on how to explain her anxious thoughts. "What if they find out who my father is? As far as everyone here except for the teachers and Draco think I'm just Ariana Snape and not a Riddle."

"You need to clam down. Everything will be fine. Just go to your lessons and I'll see you in potions this afternoon." Snape walked to the door and escorted Ariana out of his room, awkwardly hugging her.

It was time for their first DADA lesson with Moody and truth be told, Ariana was terrified. The way one of his eyes darting around, as if scanning into everyone's soul scared her.

"Alistair Moody. Ex-Aurora Ministry Malcontent and your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye, the end any questions?" The class was silent, unsure if they even should respond.

"When it comes to the dark arts I believe in a practical approach. First, which if you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

Ariana grabbed Draco's hand under the table as her breath hitched, knowing her father used them all multiple times.

"Three sir." Hermione replied making Draco roll his eyes.

"And they're so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable."

"The use of any one-"

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban." Moody's eye latched onto Ariana's as she attempted to look in any direction except his.

"Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do but I say different! You need to be prepared!" Moody's gaze now lingering on Harry Potter.

"Weasley!" Moody shouted, gaining Ron's attention. "Give us a curse." Ron was clearly petrified, making the Slytherins smile.

"Well my dad did tell me on. The imperious curse."

"Yeah your father would know all about that."

The students were unsure of what Moody was doing when enlarging the spider but they got the picture when he was releasing it. "Imperio." The spider started to dart around the class, jumping onto Crabbe's face which cheered up Ariana for that slight second.

"Don't worry it's completely harmless." Moody's magic forcing the arachnid to go to person to person. It went off to Ariana, Moody expecting her to freeze but instead she let the spider rest on her arm.

"Talented isn't she?" What should I make her do? Jump out of the window? Drown herself?" To this, Ariana shook her head, not wanting the innocent creature to die for his seeming amusement.

"Witches and wizards have claimed they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the curse."

"Another! Long bottom is it? Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology?"

"There's the cruciatus curse." Some tears unknowingly were staring to fill in Ariana's eyes. She knew how Neville's parents were tortured by Bellatrix, her fathers most trusted follower.

"Correct, correct correct! The torture curse. Crucio" Moody exclaimed, the spider wiggling around in agony as everyone could see Neville was upset. The curse continued until Moody lost some of his focus when Hermione spoke up. "Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him?"

Slowly, Moody walked over to Hermione's desk. "Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse curse?" Hermione continued to shake her head, disappointing Mad Eye.

Mad eye tutted. "Avada Kedavra." Making some of the students jump in shock, in disbelief he actually did it.

"The killing curse. Only one person was known to survived it and he's sitting in this room." Moody limped over to Harry's desk, holding his gaze.

Class ended, too slowly for some as Ariana rushed back to her room as quick as possible while Neville was asked to stay behind.

- very late upload but have a good day!