𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖊

Ariana wasn't looking forward to defence against the dark arts, especially after she heard younger students moaning about how boring it was

Ariana wasn't looking forward to defence against the dark arts, especially after she heard younger students moaning about how boring it was. Begrudgingly, she walked in with Draco as she saw a big chalkboard at the front or the room.

"Pansy, how's everything going with Maggie?" It had been a long while since Pansy's date at the Yule Ball and Ariana hadn't heard much about it.

"It's going good! We just don't see each other much because she's barely in any of my classes. Her parents just don't approve so we're hiding it. Sorry."

"No that's okay. A forbidden love, it's so cool!" She replied, Pansy now able to calm down after hiding in this secret for months.

Everyone was sat down as they were looking at an origami paper bird that had been flying around as Ariana tried to grab it before it flew away but suddenly burnt.

"Good morning children." All of the students in the room looked behind to see a petite lady wearing an interesting all pink outfit.

"Ordinary. Wizarding. Levels. Examination. O. W. L. More commonly known as OWL's." By the time she had finished, Umbridge was at the front of the class, judging every wizard.

"I've been preparing for them so much." Ariana whispered to Draco who just smiled in response.

Her wand caused the textbooks to levitate and put a book on everyone's desks. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been extremely uneven."

"That's to put it lightly." Draco snickered but stopped until he saw the seriousness Ariana was displaying.

"But you're be pleased to know you will now be following a carefully structured ministry approved course." She looked down and the cover disappointed her. Despite being fifth years it looked like something a first year would use.

Hermione piped up saying about how there weren't any defensive spells to be studied.

"Using spells?" Dolores laughed. "Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Ariana furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron said which voiced Ariana's thoughts.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure and safe environment."

"Safe? When has Hogwarts been safe?" Ariana whispered to her boyfriend.

"What use is that? If we're going to be attacked it obviously won't be risk free."

"Students will raise their hands if they wish to speak." Umbridge quickly shut Harry down.

"The ministry's view is that a theoretical knowledge would be sufficient enough to get you through your examinations. Which is of course what school is for."

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry retaliated.

"He's going to get into trouble." Ariana said to Draco.

"Why do you care about Pottah?"

"I don't, but I still feel bad after last year."

"There is nothing out there, who do you imagine that wants to harm children like yourself?"

"Oh I dunno, maybe." He paused. "Lord Voldermort."
Draco swore Ariana stopped breathing for a second, a few eyes wondering to look in her while others looked down shocked. Umbridges heels was the only sound alongside her voice that was heard in their classroom.

"Now. Let's make this quite plain, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. It is a lie." Harry interrupted her.

"It's not a lie I saw him! I fought him!" Harry shouted. Umbridge's gaze fell onto the said girl.

"Detention Mr Potter." She squealed.

"Ask Ariana if you don't believe me!"

"I'm sure Miss Snape will put all of you at ease." She felt as if she were on trial.

"Well, I um." Ariana was stuttering, unsure on what to say or do.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory died on his own accord."

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." Umbridge tried to overrule Harry's truth.

"It wasn't." She heard Ariana mumble.

"What was that Miss Snape?"

"I said it wasn't an accident." She snapped and Draco's eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, concerned for her.

"Detention Miss Snape!" Harry didn't mean to get her into trouble but she knew the truth as well as he did.

Once hearing that Ariana grabbed her stuff and walked out of the classroom. In the background she heard Umbridge ordering her to come back but she refused to do so.

~
i feel like we're now properly onto the order of the phoenix, despite ariana being very shy, cedric was like her big brother and umbridge lying about his death did not settle with her. also 1.64k views!!! have a good day and peace out ✌️