𝖎 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚

Their fifth year was over

Their fifth year was over. Two more years until they were graduated. So why was there no excitement? Well, they were on a verge of another wizarding war. A war that no one wanted. Except possibly Dumbledore. While the students where having their break, he was plotting.

"Fawkes, what shall we do about Miss Riddle?" He asked the bird, pondering on how to use her against Voldermort.

"There is something I've yet to try but it could be risky but it might be worth it." For the weeks over summer, Albus would practice a specific spell, which was banned for good reason. It puts the victim through psychological terror that no one can experience but the victim. His target? Ariana.

At Malfoy Manor, Narcissa and Draco were dealing with the fallout of Lucius being arrested and locked up in Azkaban. Narcissa feared her son would have to join the death eaters early and that was not something she wanted for Draco.

Ariana, on the other hand, was mourning Sirius. Often looking at the photo book Remus gave to her. Outlining her mother's face in comfort, wishing she was there. Draco had been a shoulder to cry on, they'd often visit Diagon Alley for breaks from the tense atmosphere of the manor. For the beginning of summer, Ariana spent her time with Snape. Working on potions and talking about his sister. When it was time to go stay with her father she was nervous.

Ariana had barely seen her father and only communicated with letters. However, when she arrived, and being held in her fathers arms, she felt comfort she'd longed for in years. Fatherly love.

One night, while they were in Draco's bed, unable to sleep. Both staring at the ceiling, unsure of what the next year would bring.

"I was thinking-" Ariana started but Draco cut her off.

"I love you."

"What?" She whispered.

"I love you. I've been meaning to say it for months now but it never seemed the right time, with your godfather, my father, everything. But I want you to know that I love you Ariana Riddle."

"Draco Malfoy, I love you too." The pair smiled and that night they held eachother, falling in love all over again. However the next morning, a chat with her father would have dangerous consequences.

"Ariana, may have a word if you can pull yourself away from Mr Malfoy." Her father said, the pair had been in the library reading with Ariana sat on Draco's lap.

"Your relationship with Draco, I assume it's serious."

"Yes, why?" She looked down, anxious of the next question, which she did not expect.

"Well first of all I hope you're being safe."

"Oh my gosh! Dad! We haven't even done it, and neither of us are ready."

"Thank goodness, I did not want to have that conversation. There is another thing. I am worried for you."

"Why?"

"I had a vision last night, of you being hurt by a certain Headmaster and I am scared of you being in danger. I need you to be careful this year at Hogwarts. If Snape wasn't teaching there I wouldn't send you."

"I'll be fine." She tried to assure her father.

"May you send Draco in?"

"Umm, sure." Ariana left, wondering what her father could talk to her about.

"My dad wants to speak to you."

"Is he going to kill me?" He asked.

"What? No! He just wants to talk to you, probably about me."

Draco entered the dining room, his heart racing. "You wanted to see me, my Lord?"

"Yes, sit down." Draco was shaking.

"I would like to talk to you about Ariana."

"Is she okay?" Draco blurted out, Voldermort internally smiling to see how much the young boy cared for her.

"I did not tell Ariana everything. I saw a vision of Dumbledore hurting her, but it was using a spell very outdated and even I wouldn't use. This year, you must protect her."

"Of course I will."

"I need to know that, give me your left arm." Ariana had been listening in on the conversation and rushed in the room.

"Dad! What are you doing." The two were shocked to see their favourite person in the world showing a huge amount of concern.

"Draco doing this will prove his loyalty to you and how he can protect you."

"He doesn't need to, I know he will."

"Ari, it's fine, I'll do it." Draco tried to assure his girlfriend.

"I'll get the mark too!" Ariana quickly said, Draco and Voldermort started to protest.

"Please! It shows how much I love him."

"It will hurt." He said concerned, maybe asking Draco to get the dark mark was a bad idea.

"Okay, are you sure. Draco I apologise for putting you on the spot." The two were astounded. Voldermort was apologising, that was unheard of.

"I'll do it, how about I go first Ari?" Draco said, knowing how much pain would entail. Maybe if she saw the pain, she would change her mind. She didn't. The two were now death eaters. Voldermort turned around as the two hugged, wondering if it was worth it.

~
well they're death eaters! but they weren't forced as i wanted to show how tom wanted draco to get it to protect ariana and not to replace his father. i don't want to make him the bad guy. the real bad guy will be showed in two chapters time so get ready for that...
have a good day and peace out!