𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝖐𝖊𝖞𝖘

Snape had been trying to keep his niece away from the excitement yet terrors of Hogwarts in the past three years which had been accumulated by Harry Potter

Snape had been trying to keep his niece away from the excitement yet terrors of Hogwarts in the past three years which had been accumulated by Harry Potter. This year would be no different.

Every summer Severus and Ariana would stay at home; brewing potions, helping Ariana learn wandless spells and talking about her mother. On days where Snape had things to do, reading would take up her time or patiently waiting for Draco to owl her back. One constant person in her life was Stan, well a constant animal. Before the beginning of year one she saw no reason for an owl as the two most important people where within the castle walls. When scanning the store she found a three legged cat, an outsider like her. At first Snape was against purchasing Stan until he saw the entranced face on Ariana. Four years later he's become fond of the feline.

 Four years later he's become fond of the feline

"Ariana, come down please!" Severus called out.

Ariana begrudgingly walked down the creaky stairs with Stan on her shoulder.

"Sev, is everything okay?" Severus had a faint smile, loving how caring she was.

"Yes. Lucius has informed me he has a ticket for you to attend the Quidditch World Cup with him and Draco." Despite her not being a big fan, Ariana was excited to go and spend time outside the house.

"Really? Are you coming?" Ariana asked in hope, still unsure of being on her own sometimes.

"No. I will be preparing for this year."

Ariana sighed, she knew it was a long shot as her uncle did not particularly enjoy the sport.

"What will I do with Stan? And my stuff? And how will I get there? And-" Snape cut her off by gently placing his hand on hers.

"Stan can go with you, I know he's attached to you and vise versa. Your school stuff will be there waiting. You'll be using a port key. Okay? Are you calm now?" Ariana went into his arms for a hug, she is the only one he feels comfortable showing affection.

Packing up some of her stuff she was humming to a Tears for Fears record. Stan jumped into her bag, seemingly also excited for their little adventure. A familiar owl pecked on the window, holding a letter. Smiling she took it and bid farewell to the owl.

Dear Ariana,

I just received the news you'll be joining us to watch the World Cup! I hope your summer has been good I have missed you, mother has been keeping me busy so I couldn't see you. My father has been pressuring me more to be better. My mother misses you and I cannot wait to see you.

Yours lovingly
- Draco x

Stan jumped onto her lap, most owners would be tiresome of their cats constantly clinging onto them but she saw it as a great thing.

Elsewhere, Draco was getting ready to meet Ariana. Ever since their first meeting he felt the need to protect her. He knew who her father was of course, but he didn't see her as Ariana Riddle. He just saw her as Ariana.

Glancing at the clock he knew he had to leave before his father became furious. Lucius saw Ariana and Draco's friendship more like a means to an end. His belief that it would earn respect from the Dark Lord. However, Narcissa truly liked Ariana and saw her as a daughter and was secretly hoping for Ariana and Draco to enter a relationship.

As usual, the Malfoys were there before Ariana for she was often late. Lucius was pacing while Draco was looking in the distance for his best friend.

Ariana was slightly running with Stan in front, not wanting to be left behind, even though she wouldn't be. The young Riddle had lost the track of time after reading half of her new book after only claiming she would read a chapter.

Out of breath she said "I'm here!" once she reached the father and son.

"Good evening Mr Malfoy!" She eagerly said whilst Lucius just gave her a sneer.

"Hi Draco!" Ariana jumped into Draco's arms for a hug with Stan purring up against his legs.

"I missed you Ana!" He muffled into her hair.

Hand in hand the two teenagers went through the port key with Stan clinging onto his life on Ariana.

The atmosphere was exciting. Thrilling. Mesmerising. Colours from the two opposing teams were spread everywhere. Merchandise stalls near every row. Small tents which are bigger on the inside.

As they entered, they saw that the tent had two separate rooms. One with a gigantic king bed and another with a queen bed for Ariana and Draco. It was normal for Ariana and Draco to sleep in the same bed as they had been doing that since a young age. Over time, they got used to it and Ariana finds comfort in that.

Draco had purchased her some merchandise for cheering on Bulgaria and some fizzy water for each of them. Making sure Stan was asleep and wouldn't leave the tent the two left, excited for the match.

(ahhhh end of chapter one! we're now onto the book properly!!)