𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉 𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘

Stan curled up on her lap

Stan curled up on her lap. For the first time, her beloved cat wasn't helping. She grabbed her cassette player, playing Billy Joel. Her mother's favourite artist. That didn't help.
Ariana felt she was out of options. Draco would be the person she'd go to but he was the reason she felt like this.

Pansy saw Draco walk away from Ariana's room and heard her cries of pain. Internal pain.

"Ari?" She opened the door and Pansy looked shocked. She'd never seen Ariana like this.

"What happened?"

"Draco broke up with me, I don't know why. He said he's doing it so we can have time for ourselves. Whatever that means."

"Okay, he probably just needs to calm down and then he'll come and apologise soon. Why don't you play some muggle music for me?"

"It didn't work earlier."

"Well I'm here and you can introduce it to me."

"You are sure?"

"Yeah, it can't be that bad." Pansy put away her opinions on muggles for Ariana, knowing how much it would mean to her.

"This was my mother's favourite, the first song is called Uptown Girl. Are you ready for this masterpiece?" She asked while sniffling.

'Uptown girl
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she's never had a backstreet guy
I bet her momma never told her why'

"What's a uptown girl?"

"I don't know." Ariana laughed and so did Pansy. As the song went on, her spirit went up by a small amount.

"What did you think?"

"Don't tell anyone, but it was so good. Now you feel better, why don't you go talk to Draco."

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Thank you Pansy." Her smile was sincere as she jumped up from the floor.

Walking to the common room, she saw Blaise. "I know you're probably sick of me asking this, but have you seen Draco?"

"Yeah he went up to the courtyard. I think he's still there."

"Thank you so much!" Ariana started to run up, but slowing down when she heard any teachers. She saw Draco's shoes. She rushed to see him.

Her heart stopped for a moment.

In front of her, was Draco and Lila kissing.
A girl he knew continued to taunt her.
Someone who had always wanted Draco.

Ariana felt mortified. It didn't take him too long to move on. Was she not pretty enough? Was she not smart enough? She was trembling.

Draco pushed Lila off and then turned around after seeing she had a smug face on. He made eye contact with Ariana and choked up.

"I can explain." He shouted but before he could say anything else Ariana ran to Snape's chambers. Knocking frantically on his door.

"What happened?" Ariana fell into his arms, bawling her eyes out.

"Draco broke up with me, then kissed someone else."

"Oh Ari, I'm so sorry."

"What will I do?" She whispered.

"It'll be okay."

"Will it? I can't deal with anything anymore."

"There is something I need to tell you." Snape looked down. "I may have suggested to Mr Malfoy to give you two space." Ariana broke out of his hold.

"You did what?" She whispered.

"I thought, you two needed space and the best way for you to deal with it was if you had time alone."

"So you told him to break up with me?"

"Thinking it would be for the best. I am so sorry."

"Why is everyone hurting me?" She said to herself but Severus managed to hear, he didn't know what to say.

Her heart was broken. It would take time to repair fully.

~
breaks my own heart. may not update for a few days, maybe i will. have a good day!