𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖉

Over the first few weeks of the new year, Ariana tried to keep a close eye on Dumbledore

Over the first few weeks of the new year, Ariana tried to keep a close eye on Dumbledore. After seeing him at the Weasley's she was sure he was somehow involved.

Ariana had just apparated back to the Malfoy Manor, smelling of smoke.

"Ari?" Draco ran to check if she was okay.

"Weasley. Fire. House. Dumbledore. Think he set. House on. Fire." She chocked out while coughing.

"He did what?" Snape asked, he didn't think Dumbledore would go that far.

"To frame my death eaters." Voldemort concluded but knew he had to call an emergency meeting to be sure. He was right.

Ariana pulled Draco down a corridor from any prying eyes. "I made this." She pulled out a vile of something.

"What is it?"

"Slow acting poison that will kill him."

"Are you sure you want to help?"

Ariana nodded and quickly grew a flower to give to Draco.

"Ari, you have to be careful with your powers. But it's lonely so thank you."

Moments later she saw Harry spying on them. "Deliver it, I'll be back soon. I just need to deal with something."

"Harry?" She placed a bit of her hair behind her ear, trying to not act suspicious.

"I know it was your father."

"My father what?"

"Set fire to the Weasleys."

"You're being ridiculous! He wasn't even there!"

"How do I know you aren't covering for him?"

"Do you think that low of me?" He didn't answer but she got it when he looked down. "You do. Great."

"I am not my father, do I blame you for your father bullying my uncle? The uncle that was the closest thing I had to father growing up. No. So stop acting so childish." She started to walk off but was prevented when Harry stopped her by pulling her back.

"I know about your mum."

"What's that got to do with anything?" Her fist scrunched up.

"I bet she's disappointed in you." That was the final straw. Ariana pulled his tie as she punched him. So forceful he fell to the floor. Unbeknownst to Ariana, not to Harry, a crowd had formed around the two.

"Miss Snape! Follow me." They heard McGonagall as the crowed whispered, probably causing rumours. As she was walking, Ariana realised Harry got what he wanted. A rise out of her. Make her angry. Give an opportunity to judge her, make people think she's capable of being like her father.

"You're lucky it was me Miss Snape and not another teacher." She scolded as she sat down at her desk.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just Harry said-"

"He said what?"

"That my mum would be disappointed in me. Is that true?"

"I very much doubt she would be. I think she'd be proud of you."

"Excuse me Professor, are you saying she'd be glad I punched someone?"

"No, but for standing up for yourself. You could have done it in a non-violent way however."

"It's just, Harry lost his mother as well so wouldn't he understand how I feel."

"Keeping it off the record, I think Potter needs to divert his anger somewhere and he believes you are an easier target than others."

"Do you promise to what I'm going to tell you a secret?" McGonagall agreed and Ariana didn't know whether she'd regret this in the future but she trusted her Professor. "At the night of the Weasley's fire, I saw Professor Dumbledore hiding behind. How would he know what happened so quickly?"

"That is suspicious, do not worry Miss Snape I will not disclose this information with the headmaster. Don't worry however, it is probably nothing." Ariana shrugged and asked what her punishment was. "Usually I would offer a detention but today I will not, but if it happens again I will."

"Thank you! Thank you so much Professor! I will see you soon." Ariana was glad, she didn't have to worry about getting a detention for something she thought was a natural reaction.

"Ariana, I heard what happened. Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't you be asking your friend, Hermione?"

"Harry can wait, I heard from other students what he said, it was wrong what he said."

"Thank you, I think you will be the only gryffindor to believe that. Possibly one of the only non-slytherin students overall." Ginny ran over distressed, whispering something to Hermione. "I'm so sorry but I have to go. Ron's in the infirmary, something about a poison, I will see you soon."

"Poison." Ariana whispered, realising what had happened. Dumbledore didn't drink it but somehow Ron did. It was proving hard to kill Dumbledore which worried Ariana, scared with more time he could torture her more.

~
the heat wave in england feels like it's been going on forever. have a good day and peace out!