45: Mude

mude; switch it up

THIRD POV

________________

Hope laid on her bed thinking about her younger self witnessing her dad burmering somebody. Covered in cold blood. She was thankful that her little brother, no matter how annoying he is, never had to go through that. She was on a mission. A mission to bring her father back. In order to do so she had to kidnap Hayley and trap her mom in Europe.

In the nearby room Klaus had just seen his sister, Freya, for the first time in a decade. "Sister. The years have been kind to you," he smiled. Freya got up from her comfy position on the couch to hug her beloved brother. "Well, you know, just sunblock, the love of a good woman and literal witchcraft. You can't stay. Hope's home," Freya said.

"I have no interest in infecting my daughter with this darkness. Once we've found her mother, Cameron can find Hayley, I'll crawl back to whence I came. Freya, this city reeks of blood like it hasn't since the War of 1812," Klaus said. "Yeah, well, you're to blame this time. I know you spoke with Elijah and the hours later, it rained red," she said. "No story that begins with water turning into blood has ever ended in triumph. I need to leave or things are gonna get worse. Tell me about Hayley. Maybe I can follow Cameron's tracks and see where she fell off," Klaus insisted.

The white roses in Hope's room began to die off meaning her plan was a success. She got up from her bed and ran down the hall, down the stairs to find him. Klaus could hear her coming over Freya's talking. He disappeared just as she entered the room. "Dad," she called out but he was gone. Freya gave her a sad look almost matching the one on Hope's face.

Meanwhile Klaus crashed a funeral. "Crashing a funeral-- my favorite way to spend a Friday night. It's good to see you, Marcellus,  after all this time. Sorry about Rebekah," he smiled. "Oh, I'm sure you are. It's good to see you, too. Why are you here," Marcel asked. "Hayley's missing. And my wife seems to be misplaced in the process of finding her. It's been days. Don't worry, I'll stick to the shadows, but there's certain leads I can't follow," Klaus explained.

"What do you need from me," Marcel asked.

...

The one thing her mom encouraged her to do: have boys over. One thing she knew her dad would hate. Hell, even Tio Carlos hated it.  But here he was: her crush at her window. "Marshall," Roman knocked on her window. She opened the double doors leading to her balcony. "Roman. You're at my house," Hope said, surprised.

"Yeah. I-I needed to talk to you, so, uh..." Roman said. "Oh. Um, how do you know where I live," Hope asked. "Oh. Well, Saltzman's got parent contacts in his file cabinet. Which is where he keeps his emergency bourbon, so I'm intimately familiar," he joked. Hope laughed to be nice but she didn't really see alcohol as attractive and to be honest she was quite nervous.

"Can I come in," he asked and she hummed a yes. "You know I'm a vampire, right?" She hummed again. "So I, uh... kind of need you to say it out loud," he said, trying not to make it sound obvious. "Oh. Right. Yeah. Come in," she said. He stepped in but she forgot to step back so now their faces were inches away from each other.

"Cute jammies," He said. She slowly backed away. "Um, so why do you need to talk to me," she asked. He closed the double door behind him. "Yeah. Um... Look, people are saying all this stuff about Henry at school. That he died. And that he killed himself," Roman said. "You know, your friends bullied him all the time. He went through hell," Hope said and Roman looked regretful.

"I know. Okay? That's why I'm here. I should pay my respects or something. I let them push him around. Make fun of his poetry, his clothes. And now... I can't sleep," he said. Hope thought of something her mom would've said or done.