12: O casamento

o casamento; the wedding

mATurE ConTenT

_______________

I was helping Hayley with her dress while also picking mine. "Alright. Bad news. I will have to miss your nuptials. Kol has a life-and-death matter he needs help with," Rebekah said at the doorway. "Anything we can do, Rebekah," I asked. "It's witch business, which now seems to be my thing. Besides, you have enough to deal with. On that note..." Rebekah brought in two dresses.

Now, it's white, which won't fool anyone... but you can't get married in skinny jeans and combat boots. And this was just delivered. It's from Klaus," Rebekah said as she handed our dresses over.

I scoffed at the dress. He knows me all too well. "Oh, it's beautiful," Hayley said, taking the dress to the mirror. "I happened to be the only woman alive who's commissioned wedding dresses in five different centuries. Never made it down the aisle, of course," Rebekah said. "Well, you know it's not too late. Cameron's up next. And from what I understand, Marcel is still single." I froze at the mention of next.

"Have you told him yet that you're you," Hayley asked. "I thought I'd hold off on that for a moment. It only complicates matters and I'm not exactly sure how long this is going to last," Rebekah said referring to her body. "Hayley, I wanted to say... Now, you may be marrying Jackson Kenner of the boozy backwater Kenner's but you're still one of us..."

"A Mikaelson,' I finished for her. "Always will be."

"Gosh, that would be such a nice compliment if it didn't link me to so many homicidal lunatics," Hayley joked. "You and me both," I commented as Rebekah left.  "Do you mind if I sneak a slice of that wedding cake of yours? No, okay, don't mind if I do," I said, wandering out of the room.

I went to the wedding venue and watched people scurrying around making sure everything was perfect. I soon found where the cake was. I got a knife ready to cut into the 6 layered cake when somebody slapped my hand. "Nuh-uh. No touching the cake," Carlos said. "What are you doing here," I whined.

"I am a part of the wedding team. I am the marriage officiant. And I planned the whole damned thing," Carlos said, sounding offended. "Oh, boohoo. I'm the bridesmaid," I said, flexing it off. "Who cares? I'm more important--"

"Cameron. If I might intrude, there's someone who wishes to say hello," Klaus interrupted Carlos. I followed Klaus out with Carlos following me.  There was Camille, Elijah, and Hope. "You brought them here? Finn could be anywhere," I said.

"I've taken precautions. There'll be no uninvited guest at the wedding. And after, the pack will be the first line of defense to this home. No more running, princess," Klaus said. I smiled brightly and Camille gave me Hope. Hope started laughing and squealing.

Hayley and Jackson came to greet her along with Carlos. I let them meet her. After the introductions, Hayley and I went to get dressed for the wedding. Hope was squealing in the background as she played with her toys. "I still can't believe she's here," I said as I sat down on the floor to play with her.

"She is. After all this drama we'll have our happy ending. Together," Hayley smiled. "By the way, you look beautiful. Here let me do your hair," I requested. I braid strands of her hair and pulled them back with a flower that matched her dress. "You're going to be a wonderful mother," Hayley complimented just as Hope squealed again.

"She is one happy baby," I said. Elijah showed up at the doorway. He admired Hayley and I could tell they needed a moment so I took Hope and left. I went to my room which had Hope's crib set up in the small room connected to it.